Whose Your Favorite Jaguar or Jazzmaster guitar players?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

score 1 to the bad guys.

Paltic: I didn't respond to the video because it's your opinion on a band, so it'd be pointless and a waste of time. All i commented on was the pedalboard, which is that of a beginner... and where di

Way to go glenn, slag his musical taste then welcome him with open arms!!!!! :lol:

Beach Boys made some wonderful music.

Ignore the surf happy stuff and listen to Pet Sounds, amazing.

I dislike the Beach Boys with such a passion that I can't not slag them. I tried really hard to resist, but I just couldn't. Johnny Cash is good though, no issues there.

Haha! It's OK, you don't have to like them :-D . I specially like Pet Sounds, it's a masterpiece, and Smile. Brian Wilson is a genius in my book.

Anyway, I was trying to mention different people that wasn't on the threat yet, but there's a lot of them. For example, The Birthday Party's guitarplayer Rowland S. Howard. Probably the opposite to the Beach Boys in terms of feeling, but I like them too:

How long they been active?

How many albums?

Where's a good place to start?

How good is that Jag?

they have 2 albums, Exploding Head and A place to bury strangers.

A place to bury strangers is their first and better album, start there.

and that jag is amazing, too good for words.

I disagree. I liked the second better, it was much more solid. The first had way too much filler IMO

The first album was actually intended to be more of a demo (iirc) and it wasnt meant to be a full album, so i dont think the quality of the recordings and stuff is as it would be if it was recorded now. although its still really awesome.

When Exploding Head came out, i was a bit unsure of the whole album, but now as gus said, its definetly grown on me and i tend to find myself listening to it more than the first

I was listening to APTBS (i mean the first album) the other day, and I realised again why I love that album so much. It is just so brutal. Oliver said that they set out to make "the most ####ed up rock n roll album" for Exploding Head, but didn't really achieve it and instead got a load of really good songs. :lol:

I was listening to APTBS (i mean the first album) the other day, and I realised again why I love that album so much. It is just so brutal. Oliver said that they set out to make "the most #### up rock n roll album" for Exploding Head, but didn't really achieve it and instead got a load of really good songs. :lol:

Haha that's true! :lol:

Still though, some of the noise parts made my brain feel like it was going to blow up :mrgreen:

I was listening to APTBS (i mean the first album) the other day, and I realised again why I love that album so much. It is just so brutal. Oliver said that they set out to make "the most #### up rock n roll album" for Exploding Head, but didn't really achieve it and instead got a load of really good songs. :lol:

Haha that's true! :lol:

Still though, some of the noise parts made my brain feel like it was going to blow up :mrgreen:

Spider and The Flies. Now that is head exploding ####. :mrgreen:

I think a mix of the two albums is perfect. Exploding Head has more solid songs, but I love the noisier songs from the first album A LOT. The mix of songs they played at the show I saw 'em at was perfect. They have a new bassist now. Anyone know anything about that guy? I"ll post one of him, from the very few pictures my friend took.

Is it this the guy (on the left)?

IMG_1336.JPG

Holy ####. He was in The D4! :-D:-D:-D

They were #### good too.

Yeah that guy! He's a giant, I swore I could go skiing off his nose.

I touched his bass.

And for the record, Big Pink sucks hardcore live. I really wish that APTBS woulda closed the show up instead. EGO DEATH Tour, yet BIG PINK closed? I don't get it. I think they were switching off?