Whose Your Favorite Jaguar or Jazzmaster guitar players?

you fail.. so so so hard..

the strap at the bottom is on of the ones where its really thin... i have one and im sure you own one or have at least seen them. it is clearly visible..

ok let's say there's a strap.....where's the cable then?

Henry nailed this. No, the guitar isn't plugged in, you're right there. But if you look, neither is the microphone. Because the pic was taken most likely for a photoshoot, and as I've said, the guitar was probably borrowed for that very purpose. This was and still is an extremely common thing.

Also, where you said the guitar looks bigger than his body, you have to keep in mind that Hendrix was a very, very skinny guy. You also have to keep the angle of the camera in mind, in that the guitar is closer and angled toward the camera compared to the man himself and as such it will stand out slightly, but it's still in reasonable proportion.

No-one should look at this pic and think "oh, Hendrix used a Jag!" 'cause obviously he didn't, this is the only instance in which he's holding one and it isn't even plugged in, because it was merely a prop in a photo shoot. Nothing more. As such, yes it's a photo of Hendrix with a Jag, but it means absolutely nothing with regards to guitars he will have actually played, shouldn't really matter, and like I said, would be completely pointless (and boring) as a fabrication.

To sum up, I don't particularly care whether Hendrix used a Jag or not, but he did hold one for a photo shoot, this is NOT a doctored photograph, and it's an odd jingoist stance to argue that it is, because there's no plausible reason why it would be. And I know I trust my skills in photo editing enough to recognise that.

Richie you must be a lawyer man.

Anyway i respect your opinion but i have my doubts for that pic.

Jimi May have played that Jaguar at some other show, but the clip I've seen with him, has the strings RIGHT handed, the mic had a cable, but the Jaguar was not plugged in.

I recall that show was the one where he played...er...synched to "Hey Joe" on that Jaguar. That was a common practice on TV music shows from the 60's through the 80's (Top of the Pops, American Bandstand, Ed Sullivan...etc...), lip synching and faking playing the song over the original recording, for all we knew Hendrix bought that Jaguar that night of the show, and had not had it set up yet, so he used it for the appearance on that show. I do know Hendrix did use Jazzmaster(s) for a fact though, so it's not impossible it's his guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

one of my favorite local guitarist - Diego Castillo(of Filipino band - Sandwich)...you can also check his rig with those nice "extra" guitars - Kurdt Fender Mustang and a Telecaster Thinline

diego-sandwich.jpg

DSC_6987.jpg

Sandwich's other guitarist - Mong Alcaraz with a Fender Toronado...and below with his other guitars(Squier Vista Jagmaster, Ibanez Talman, etc.)

3430589663_d0f6b01385.jpg?v=0

DSC-6988.jpg

i was not forcing anyone to like the band and i don't even care about it. This thread is about "MY" favorite jaguar players so i posted some pics of my personal faves

well a lot of people have contrasting opinions, likes & dislikes and it's very easy/convenient for some to drop the word 'awful'...i dig 'awful' bands....no need to justify furthermore 8)

Paltic: I didn't respond to the video because it's your opinion on a band, so it'd be pointless and a waste of time. All i commented on was the pedalboard, which is that of a beginner...

and where did all this about the cool guys come from?

I quoted The Simpsons, in jest. Me and Gilmourish are friends. for realz. we can haz jokes sometimes pl90xznmks/?

To be honest, having had a listen to that band, I wouldn't throw this kind of comment around too much.

when I read that, I fell off the sofa.

<33

• Like 1

Paltic: I didn't respond to the video because it's your opinion on a band, so it'd be pointless and a waste of time. All i commented on was the pedalboard, which is that of a beginner...

and where did all this about the cool guys come from?

I quoted The Simpsons, in jest. Me and Gilmourish are friends. for realz. we can haz jokes sometimes pl90xznmks/?

To be honest, having had a listen to that band, I wouldn't throw this kind of comment around too much.

when I read that, I fell off the sofa.

<33

dude im not taking everything here as serious as you think im taking it. you love capt. beefheart so that makes us friends as well --- i just love to argue and piss on pongo :lol:

You have no right to take the piss out of Henry.

I don't love Beefheart. We are not friends. I do take things seriously, it's in my nature. I don't like things to be throwaway. I don't like you. You have made no attempt to make a good impression upon me and the rest of the forum from what I've seen. Perhaps you didn't intend to piss everyone off, perhaps you did. Either way, I don't like it.

You have no right to take the piss out of Henry.

I don't love Beefheart. We are not friends. I do take things seriously, it's in my nature. I don't like things to be throwaway. I don't like you. You have made no attempt to make a good impression upon me and the rest of the forum from what I've seen. Perhaps you didn't intend to piss everyone off, perhaps you did. Either way, I don't like it.

ok :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin Shields by a long shot!

I think I noticed Kip from TPOBPAH and Joshua Hayward from the Horrors listed. Although I love these two bands & guitarists a lot, they don't really bring much to the table in innovation. But to each's own I guess.

Lets just say that when Hayward got voted best guitarist in NME I laughed...then cried a bit/