Purplehaze19x

New MIM Jaguar, Jaguar HH and Jazzmasters.

i love the concept, but hate how they moved the tremolo forward. looks so much worse.

Hmmm. Well spotted dude, a similar thread over at SS.Org and no-one has spotted this. :wink:

Personally i think its all for the better generally.. more options.

yea, i totally see where there coming from with it, just i think it makes everything look off. The fret board radius doesnt bother me at all, but the trems placement like i said makes it all look off.

And for the sake off knowledge to others, despite the threads title, there MIM, not MIJ

i agree about the trem, but in case of the hh- atleast it has one and now, and its not all black, which i think is a huge plus. i'd like to play one of those and see how i like the neck.

Well, I guess it's time I start posting here again....

1.) I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the price, a used CIJ/MIJ Guitar is still going to be cheaper if you know where to look, despite the upgrades. The list is around $800-850ish depending on weather you go for a solid color or sunburst.

2.) The trem moved forward is something I toyed with doing long before these guitars ever hit Fender's design table, so that does solve some of the complaints heard about these particular models (sustain and so on), it might give a slightly different harmonic feel to the guitar. I kind of like how it looks on the Jazzmaster, but not as much on the Jaguar.

3.) Screw in Trem Bars....it's like for all the good it does, it takes away another, a total tradeoff. I could see a use for screwing the bar partially in to get more range for trem work, but it'd be a real bitch keeping the thing at close hand for those more delicate moments.

4.) The HH Special looks like a potential Kurt Cobain clone candidate, which I like, actually, put some trim rings on it and it's almost the exact same guitar looks-wise (save trem spacing).

I like them, and think they would be neat to fool around with, I might keep the Jazzmaster in mind actually, since I'm now in the market for a Jazzy once I can get up the funds for one (hell I just bought a Jaguar HH a few weeks ago). I'm waiting to see these in stores used most likely though, since by then they might be down to around $300-450 if fate is kind. Of course, in my case, that Adjust-O-Matic has to go, I prefer the original bridge.

They moved the trem housing up to increase the string angle over the bridge, similar to what a buzzstop does but not as extreme. It also says they improved the neck pocket- I'm guessing it's angled back more, creating the same result a shim would create. I'm curious to hear the hotter pickups, could be cool, also could diminish the distinctive sound of these guitars and make it more generic. Anyone get a chance to play one yet?

these are mij jaguars?

i like the jaguar HH one ALOT :-D

i really hope they make in both RH and LH versions...

I made a mistake in the listing, i was told they are MIM and not MIJ.

i take back my last post

forgot about MIM fenders...

are they as good as US made ones?

I have a MIM Strat and i have one USA strat, i cant tell a big difference between the necks and bodies, but the USA has better pickups, tuners, bridge..etc

I did hear that MIM strats are made with USA neck and bodies, just assembled in Mexico, with different hardware. not sure though, im a Mustang guy.

They moved the trem housing up to increase the string angle over the bridge, similar to what a buzzstop does but not as extreme. It also says they improved the neck pocket- I'm guessing it's angled back more, creating the same result a shim would create. I'm curious to hear the hotter pickups, could be cool, also could diminish the distinctive sound of these guitars and make it more generic. Anyone get a chance to play one yet?

My thoughts as well... The change in neck angle, the tuno-matic bridge and the emphasis on sustain all make me think they are trying to turn the jag into a les paul. Hotter pickups with still a 1meg pot? Could be interesting...

I can understand why they moved the tremolo forward but it looks corny and while it may improve the sustain, it will stop the harmonic ringing that the longer strings behind the bridge provides (well i guess this is an assumption before Ive played one).

The jazzmaster was made with warm pickups - thats its sound - brighter seems to go against that.

I do like the HH one though - tremolo and HH sockets...mmm p90 swap?

I just think there are better improvements they could have gone with rather than trying to strato-ify or gibson-ify the jag and jazzmaster which both have characteristics that should be flaunted rather than reduced.

hmm...i think they should make the HH jaguar in the LH version...that would be a like a kurt cobain replica :)

all the switches/double circuit and the humbuckers give lots of tonal versatility and should be fun to mess with :D

maybe ill try and custom assemble one of my own lol

i wanna try one really bad. when they make a black HH model ill most likely get it and put a single in the neck and get more normal wiring, maybe go with a kurt toggle and normal bass cut switch. the more i look at it the less i find the moved trem to be an eyesore. but for sure wouldnt pay 800 for it, get one on ebay in like a year or so for 500-600 hopefully, maybe even cheaper depending on how people like 'em