I got this old 60's Jazzbass copy laying around that is unplayable 'cos I've broken it so much...So when I decide to not be lazy and bring it back to life do you guys/girls(on the rare occasion of there is people of opposite sex around here...that includes you, you sexy hermaphrodites) think that doing the John Squire mods would be a good idea?

I remember seeing this in a previous forum here not all too long ago, but here's the link

http://www.pdmcauley.co.uk/guitaristpag ... ITARS.html

The guitar is towards the bottom of the page.

Heres the body - the neck has lost frets and I managed to break off two of the tuning heads, plus I hate the way it feels so I'm definately going to need a new neck

bass.jpg

If you say 'Yey' is there any sort of pickups you'd recommend? 'Cos I'm not diggin the whole Gibson Flying V pickups or whatever they are, I forgotteth.

Yeah I saw a picture of him playing a right handed bass last year, looked just like mine. I didn't know that he had/played one that was like that, I've had this bass for about 5 years now. It's got the black head stock n everything, n I don't play bass anyway, I was just in a band and we needed a bassist so I picked one up on e-bay for 100 bucks and here it sits in my room.

Being that it probably is the same bass, 'cos everything aside from black knobs looks the same...doyou know what kind of wood the body is made of?

sounds like a cool idea. for pick ups, i really like the SD JB and the DiMarzio Super Distortion for the bridge. i dont have much experience with humbuckers in the neck position but a goof PAF(DiMarzio PAF or SD 59) would be good

Yeah, I have absolutely no experience with humbuckers in the neck position, I really like the JB's as well, but I dunno if that's the sound I'm going for. I was thinking of gettin some SD Seth Lover pickups...but I'm not completely sure what would sound good for that set up.

Being that it probably is the same bass, 'cos everything aside from black knobs looks the same...doyou know what kind of wood the body is made of?

The knobs on Kurdtz aren't original, as you can see from the pic here: https://www.auctionnetworklive.com/live/images/auction-8/large-370a.jpg

look closely, NO top volume knob! The ones on it today as they are selling it were probably put on by his aunt who owns (soon to be owned) and used the bass for her own work. So I'd say yours IS the same model. As for wood, couldn't tell you. Those Sears guitars could be made out of balsa for all I know.