• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally dun think he's for real.....

i'm real, and my guitar never belonged to Thurston Moore.. :mrgreen:

here are some other pics of my beast..

this is before i modified the vibrato:

kif0063.jpg

the following pics show the inside of the j-s, these ones are the most recent ones, showing the route for the switch:

kif0969.jpg

kif0971.jpg

two others, for the vibrato details:

kif0812.jpg

kif0813.jpg

one more, playing live:

n7667696691353632750648.jpg

and the last one, a part of my fender family:

kif1725.jpg

the NIN sticker on the jazzmaster have been removed, and the witch hat knobs have been replaced by two '60s mustang/jaguar knobs.

sorry i have no videos or mp3 of my j-s for now, but maybe one day i'll make it.. :wink:

Jesus.This.Is.Epic.

Thanks for posting these up dude. What does all the switching do? Especially the small slider switch under the neck pickup.. its one of the most random things i've ever seen on a modification and the red button(?) on the lower control plate?

I love the look of the upper Jag control plate, gonna fit one on mine i think ;)

Jesus.This.Is.Epic.

Thanks for posting these up dude. What does all the switching do? Especially the small slider switch under the neck pickup.. its one of the most random things i've ever seen on a modification and the red button(?) on the lower control plate?

I love the look of the upper Jag control plate, gonna fit one on mine i think ;)

thanks a lot everyone!! :mrgreen:

the slider switch under the neck pickup is just the one that was over it before i decided to put the jaguar control plate.. it's the original neck pickup slider switch.

the two positions switch under this one is not really usefull, just a general on/off, because the red kill-switch was here before, and when i moved it between vol and tone knobs, there was a hole, so it needed to be filled up.

the neck pickup is the original, just changed the cover.

i think i'll rewire it later, because it's a bit approximative now, the schaller roller bridge will be replaced by a mustang bridge, i was told it could make trouble for tuning, but today i'm sure it's definitively not a problem, so this one will go away some day.

the two parallel circuits are not working really well, the original vol and tone knobs work for the *japanese bridge* jaguar pickup too, and i don't want this too.

to be honest with you, the controls are quite weird, even for me!!

sorry once more for my language, i do my best, just hope it's enough to be clear.. :wink:

and sorry, no videos, demos, samples have been made until this day.

i have recorded one song using my jag-stang, but i'm not sure it was modified this way, and this recording is quite old, using an old yamaha AW16G, with multi-effects pedal, or just sans-amp GT-2 plugged directly in.. i don't think it would really help you to realize how it sounds.

i think i should post in the other sections of the forum, for my other jazzmasters/jaguars guitar and bass.. :mrgreen:

Thyat's some cool stuff dude and must make the guitar very versatile , more so when you finish it ;)

Thanks for all the info and pics. Some of us have been waiting years to find out about this.

Be sure to stick around the forums :)

more importantly. i want to see this mans pedalboard.

i love you.

here you can have an idea..

l_c341a36bfd0d4bb1a420aaec4131828b.jpg

but it's more complete today.. another boss DD-6 and a cathedral stereo reverb are now in the modulation part, which is in front of me on this picture.

in the od/dist unit, there are: boss DF-2 modified, boss TU-2, custom overdrive pedal *the purple one*, TS-9, boss SD-1 japan, fuzz factory by LNA, which means with a tone control that's not on the Zvex one, sans amp GT-2 original, Big Muff modified, with a on/off switch for the tone, like the old ones..

the modulation units counts 6 pedals: one EHX stereo ploychorus, 2 boss DD-6, one "old" EHX pulsar modified to have two differents speeds for the tremolo, one boss RV-5, and the so good stereo cathedral reverb from EHX once more.

the last pedalboard *i have three of them, about 79 inches on the floor* is composed by an EHX HOG, working with two M-Audio exp pedals, that i choose using a switch blade, modified, of course, to use the stereo jacks..

i know there's a lot of EHX pedals, but this may be the reason why i'm in their myspace top friends for months!! *yes, i'm proud of it, and it's not usual with me!! ;) *

thanks a lot for your interest!! ;)

Hans Solo i tell ya :lol:

Gilmourish will be pleased..

the reason i asked was cos i saw in an earlier pic that there were lots of pedals. but cldnt identify anything else other than the hog switch

You was drooling thinking he had four MT-2s was'nt you? Eh? Admit it. :lol:
Hans Solo i tell ya :lol:

Gilmourish will be pleased..

the reason i asked was cos i saw in an earlier pic that there were lots of pedals. but cldnt identify anything else other than the hog switch

You was drooling thinking he had four MT-2s was'nt you? Eh? Admit it. :lol:

hahahah, will post some pics of my pedalboard today.

• 2 weeks later...

This was a great idea but it could have been done without beating the crap out of the guitar. Wow! Duct tape and chunks galore on this poor Jag-Stang! On the positive side, you might be on your way to making a (molested) Jag-Stang version of a Brian may red special guitar.