most EFFECTIVE jag/jazz user

this means person who took advantage of the uniqueness of the jag best. (anyone who says cobain is a dumbass, his guitar was an SG in a jag body)

i vote johnny marr, his jangly melodies, and chord riffery with light vibrato is what the jag was made for.

thurston moore(spelled wrong i bet) is a great jag player as well, with his behind the string picking/strumming

I have to say Peter Kember of Spacemen 3.

If he had been playing the simplistic style the Spacemen had with any other guitar it would not have helped launch shoegaze as it did. Funny thing is at the time he probably had no idea the quirky tones his jag was producing made the Jaguar such a must have instrument for those who dug the Spacemen 3.

Also, I know she mostly used tele's as time went on, but if you listen to Lush's song "breeze" off the sweetness and light ep or gala....that is probably a good example of emma anderson getting the most out of a jag for that particular style.

BTW--Spacemen 3 were huge with all the Seattle bands (mudhoney even covered them) and I would bet Kurt Cobain was drawn to that guitar because of them....so all the Kurt clones are copying Kurt copying Pete, so please go buy one of the early spacemen 3 albums and copy that sound instead of grungey nirvana.

If he had been playing the simplistic style the Spacemen had with any other guitar it would not have helped launch shoegaze as it did. Funny thing is at the time he probably had no idea the quirky tones his jag was producing made the Jaguar such a must have instrument for those who dug the Spacemen 3.

Also, I know she mostly used tele's as time went on, but if you listen to Lush's song "breeze" off the sweetness and light ep or gala....that is probably a good example of emma anderson getting the most out of a jag for that particular style.

BTW--Spacemen 3 were huge with all the Seattle bands (mudhoney even covered them) and I would bet Kurt Cobain was drawn to that guitar because of them....so all the Kurt clones are copying Kurt copying Pete, so please go buy one of the early spacemen 3 albums and copy that sound instead of grungey nirvana.

We get it, you don't like Nirvana. Move on. There are some intelligent Nirvana fans that also like other music, and I happen to think I am one of them.

We get it, you don't like Nirvana. Move on. There are some intelligent Nirvana fans that also like other music, and I happen to think I am one of them.

somms, I think a sign of intelligence would be to go on a thread title "most EFFECTIVE jag/jazz user" and actually tell us who you think fits the bill.

Also, being a Nirvana fan does not necessarily mean someone is dumb, but buying a 1400+ dollar guitar for the body shape because that guy in Nirvana had one would make someone a full blown imbecile.

somms, I think a sign of intelligence would be to go on a thread title "most EFFECTIVE jag/jazz user" and actually tell us who you think fits the bill.

Anyone who's ever changed the subject being discussed is non-intelligent? Have you ever actually talked to someone in real life? Just about everyone everywhere must be non-intelligent by that brilliant rule of yours. I think you're really grasping for straws...

Also, being a Nirvana fan does not necessarily mean someone is dumb, but buying a 1400+ dollar guitar for the body shape because that guy in Nirvana had one would make someone a full blown imbecile.

No, telling someone else how to value their own well-earned money would make somebody a full blown imbecile. Seriously.

so i am guessing somms thinks kurt cobain is the most effective jag user?

No. I just think it's silly to go out of your way to Cobain-bash just because some people are fanatical about him. You like the Spacemen 3 guitarist, fine; I don't think it was necessary to draw Kurt into that.

Kurt Cobain used to wear Spacemen 3 t-shirts (and others like Flipper, Daniel J.) on MTV appearances, he also used to drop their name in interviews once Nevermind broke, urging all the kids that were into them to pick up records by his favorite artists. Much like what I did above.....you can call it bashing if you like, but I think that is being a little defensive......

I think I have just realized I may be participating in a forum with 13 or 14 year olds who idolize something they didn't know first hand? So, he is a mall poster alongside Morrison and Hendrix now? I'm not sure what his legacy really holds for the up and comers, but since I was in high school when their last 2 albums came out, I can tell you that me and most of my peers grew really tired of the whole anti-rockstar vibe Kurt kept trying to put out.

Sorry, I don't know so much about kids these days somms.

I think I have just realized I may be participating in a forum with 13 or 14 year olds who idolize something they didn't know first hand?

No your not.

Them kids are on here and they are good kids. I was the same as them like most people, you cannot knock them down or deny them having heroes, its not on. I know what your saying and i'm not having a go at you either, its good to see older posters, but live and let live eh?

I still idolize Hendrix but was nothing more than a twinkle in my dads eye when he died, it does'nt matter.

Kurt Cobain used to wear Spacemen 3 t-shirts (and others like Flipper, Daniel J.) on MTV appearances, he also used to drop their name in interviews once Nevermind broke, urging all the kids that were into them to pick up records by his favorite artists. Much like what I did above.....you can call it bashing if you like, but I think that is being a little defensive......

I think I have just realized I may be participating in a forum with 13 or 14 year olds who idolize something they didn't know first hand? So, he is a mall poster alongside Morrison and Hendrix now? I'm not sure what his legacy really holds for the up and comers, but since I was in high school when their last 2 albums came out, I can tell you that me and most of my peers grew really tired of the whole anti-rockstar vibe Kurt kept trying to put out.

Sorry, I don't know so much about kids these days somms.

I don't think you represent everyone in your age bracket though. I'd be willing to bet there are a fair number of people around your age that did/do hold them in highest regards; it's not just all young kids going through high school. It seems like you're saying because you personally weren't affected by them no one else should be either. And because you were put off by some of his image/vibe other people should be too. Different people, different situations. Is it really that difficult to understand?

i don't know what somms said above because i have him marked as a foe, and it would be cheating to read it.

Rofl. :lol:

You are the first person to use that feature i believe. Hey.. hang on! I thought you was supposed to be one of the mature guys?

i don't think there is such a thing as a mature musician. well, maybe someone like eric clapton or sir paul.

i don't know what somms said above because i have him marked as a foe, and it would be cheating to read it.

Rofl. :lol:

You are the first person to use that feature i believe. Hey.. hang on! I thought you was supposed to be one of the mature guys?

i don't think there is such a thing as a mature musician. well, maybe someone like eric clapton or sir paul.

Depends how you define mature i suppose. I mean, look at Ronnie Wood with that 18 year old Russian bird. Do we salute him or say the sad old twat should retire to the caribean?

Anyway, which is your favourate Spacemen 3 album?

Anyway, which is your favourate Spacemen 3 album?

i am partial to "playing with fire"...though "sound of confusion" still knocks me down when the mood is right.

..forgot to add...it is the cover of "perfect prescription" (which is also a great album) that has the pics of the jag though.......just in case anyone wants a look:

B000067A6K.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg