Codog

Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

Many thanks Mad Mike. I do love 'em: Starting a Mustang project too soon *sh*ts self*.

If you have any modding tips then I started a thread called, 'Mustang Modifications, Batman,' that I'd be grateful to receive tips on.

Cheers,

Jay

Many thanks Mad Mike. I do love 'em/ Starting a Mustang project too soon *#### self*.

If you have any modding tips then I started a thread called, 'Mustang Modifications, Batman,' that I'd be grateful to receive tips on.

Cheers,

Jay

Try not to get 'mad mike' and 'mad-mike' mixed up :P

Notice the dash lol.

*confused*

There is no dash!

J

There are two mad mikes here.....

Mad-Mike aka creepingnet on youtube.....blahblahblah helps with wiring.......

Mad Mike....... :-wow nice mustang you got there

:P

*confused*

There is no dash!

J

There are two mad mikes here.....

Mad-Mike aka creepingnet on youtube.....blahblahblah helps with wiring.......

Mad Mike....... :-wow nice mustang you got there

:P

Just call me Spider Man......... :oops:

Just call me Spider Man......... :oops:

haha i was talking to mcpedo about this forum and i he was saying about the 2 madmikes and i was like you mean spiderman?

I suck at cutting pickguards, so I screwed up the humbucker hole. Cut off the rest and left what i needed for the switches. I originally had a hot rail in the bridge position that I did not like at all. So I got drunk and high one night and chiseled the hole for a full size one with a screwdriver and a pipe wrench. I lucked out on that one. The plan was to put a duncan distortaion in there but I was 18 and dead broke, so I just had a big hole. I went down to the local music store and bought a random humbucker for $20 thinking I'd replace it as soon as I saved up some money. I put It In and the thing sounded really good, and 12 years later its still going strong.

The neck Pickup is an over wound strat, went to this repair guys shop looking for a texas special or something and he sells me this one for like 30 or 40, guy was really cool spent an hour talking about guitars and amps and was planning on going to him for all my gear needs. A few months later he stabs his girlfriend to death and kills himself. Out a go to gear guy but I got a really nice pickup, so it balances out somehow, I think.

And I can keep going on and on but Ill end it with fat ass strings and a graphite nut.

I suck at cutting pickguards, so I screwed up the humbucker hole. Cut off the rest and left what i needed for the switches. I originally had a hot rail in the bridge position that I did not like at all. So I got drunk and high one night and chiseled the hole for a full size one with a screwdriver and a pipe wrench. I lucked out on that one. The plan was to put a duncan distortaion in there but I was 18 and dead broke, so I just had a big hole. I went down to the local music store and bought a random humbucker for $20 thinking I'd replace it as soon as I saved up some money. I put It In and the thing sounded really good, and 12 years later its still going strong.

The neck Pickup is an over wound strat, went to this repair guys shop looking for a texas special or something and he sells me this one for like 30 or 40, guy was really cool spent an hour talking about guitars and amps and was planning on going to him for all my gear needs. A few months later he stabs his girlfriend to death and kills himself. Out a go to gear guy but I got a really nice pickup, so it balances out somehow, I think.

And I can keep going on and on but Ill end it with fat ass strings and a graphite nut.

Wow that's one weird ass story, i mean the guy stabs his girlfriend and then kills himself??????

And so you have no more info about that random $20 humbucker????????? (sorry for my bad english i'am from holland so)

Wow that's one weird ass story, i mean the guy stabs his girlfriend and then kills himself??????

Even weirder if it was the other way around :lol:

And so you have no more info about that random $20 humbucker????????? (sorry for my bad english i'am from holland so)

Sounds like the humbucker on my 51. It's not the stock one, I have no idea what it is, but it sounds amazing. Really dirty and grunty.

no idea what it is or where it came from, but its got good punch and distorts real nice so I don't plan on replacing it.

PDR_0032-1.jpg

Just got this last week from Ishibashi. It is a 1969 reissue, according to the serial number it was made between 94-95 and was discontinued in 98. I should be having it go into the shop soon so they can put the Dimarzio Super Distortions in for me. One thing i was wondering is where i can find a red tortoise shell pickguard that is left handed, seems hard if not impossible to find.

Just got this last week from Ishibashi. It is a 1969 reissue, according to the serial number it was made between 94-95 and was discontinued in 98. I should be having it go into the shop soon so they can put the Dimarzio Super Distortions in for me. One thing i was wondering is where i can find a red tortoise shell pickguard that is left handed, seems hard if not impossible to find.

About that tort..

http://www.wdmusic.com/fender_mustang_pickguard_mg_1305r.html

Choose left handed under required options. Hope this helps.

About that tort..

http://www.wdmusic.com/fender_mustang_pickguard_mg_1305r.html

Choose left handed under required options. Hope this helps.

geez almost $100 for the pickguard alone, the one i have works for now. the serial number is T032209.

Look around for custom pickguard manufacturers. You can send off a tracing of the pickguard you want in whatever tort you want. Costs about $30

And why get Super distortions? They're so damn expenisve! Look at http://www.guitarfetish.com. They do really good pickups at a fraction of the cost. The crunchy pats are the closest you'll find.

You do realise you'll need to route the body in order to fit a humbucker in a single coil slot? Or are you getting the single sizes ones?

Look around for custom pickguard manufacturers. You can send off a tracing of the pickguard you want in whatever tort you want. Costs about $30

And why get Super distortions? They're so damn expenisve! Look at http://www.guitarfetish.com. They do really good pickups at a fraction of the cost. The crunchy pats are the closest you'll find.

You do realise you'll need to route the body in order to fit a humbucker in a single coil slot? Or are you getting the single sizes ones?

I know it has to be routed, i already have a tech to do that, and i got my super distortions for about 60 bucks at the local guitar center.