Codog

Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

What, stole them with a little bribe for the pollice?

JK :P

Good deal :-D

our guitar center sells them normally for about 70-80 bucks but with the memorial day sale we got 15% off.

l_91a025b46a874584be08f4d7a916b9cb.jpg

I've had a 69 reissue that's been rotting for over 8 years, I originally purchased it in '97. For a while now, I was planning on parting it out for next to nothing, because it was shot, but instead I ended up restoring it somewhat, and modifying, but more as a novelty than anything else.

I routed it myself with a Dremel, and it surprisingly came out pretty well, then just applied some conductive shielding paint after much sanding, and purchased the pickguard from Chandler. Additionally, I had to buy a new neck, replace the bridge, fix wiring issues etc.......

It was expensive, and isn't ideal for an every day guitar because the short scale neck doesn't suit my fingers, but it's a fun guitar to play.

With how expensive it was to fix up, it was still a bargain compared to how little it was worth, and considering how much it now costs to buy a new mustang STOCK, which is outrageous.

And no, I'm not putting a tun-o-matic bridge on it, it seems unnecessary to me, even if the guitar is meant as more of a novelty than anything else.

The neck was just really beat up, some of the frets were worn, there were literally gashes in the fret board, and many dings in the back of the neck.

I'll take it off your hands...

The neck was just really beat up, some of the frets were worn, there were literally gashes in the fret board, and many dings in the back of the neck.

I'll take it off your hands...

+1.

I'm on for refretting that mofo and restoring it a bit. If its as bad as you say, it will need restoration to be of any real use

Well, I actually gave the neck away to a friend of mine who is also always up for a challenge. The neck probably isn't nearly as bad as I made it seem. It only has 2 slight gashes in the fret board that don't really effect play YET, and the frets are slightly worn but are playable. There are 4 or 5 dings in the back of the neck from what I recall, but nothing too significant, but it bothered me nonetheless. I just figured that if I was going to go as far as to restore the guitar, I might as well put a fresh neck on it, and I don't regret it.

Is that a Jagmaster pickup at the bridge?

:-hmmm

Its a humbucker lol :lol:

What kind of pickups do you think Jagmasters have???

Humbuckers..... but its not specific to a jagmaster.

Its a seymour duncan. Jagmasters have duncan designed

Nice Kurtz ya got there, is it from the 90's 69 reissue era?

Yeah it's a '94. It had a DiMarzio X2N at the bridge when I got the guitar secondhand but it had way too much gain for my taste.

Is that a Jagmaster pickup at the bridge?

It's a JB.

guys, i hope you won't get mad for this...

since i can't afford a real fender mustang, i got this one instead. it's a fresher mercury in lake placid blue (i assume). i've got some cleaning and setting up to do, though. anyone familiar with these?

mustele2.jpg

guys, i hope you won't get mad for this...

since i can't afford a real fender mustang, i got this one instead. it's a fresher mercury in lake placid blue (i assume). i've got some cleaning and setting up to do, though. anyone familiar with these?

mustele2.jpg

Wow thats nice. DO WANT!

I cant afford a mustang either :oops: so my duo sonic will just have to do. :P