Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lefty build. Oil finished

Some more pics of my freshly modded Mustang with modern TOM bridge, locked tremolo, lowered switches, fully shielded, 500k pots and Duncan JB humbucker   .    

Sorry to double post but I have a little update. I am starting to realize that fender short scales are an addiction....   I was loving messing around with the squier mustang I posted and had an itch

Crappy quality, but.....182922_1741430370391_401806_n.jpg
SECOND FROM THE RIGHT.... the white stang is a 69 Ri with a synsonics terminator neck haha and tom
-----
one-piece alder body w/ nitro finish,17k high output bucker(on/off/tap & hot single coil (on/off/out of phase) came outta a mid 90's u.s.a. peavey detonator.., trem routes filled and drilled ( post straight down), cloth shielded wiring, 500k independent low/high cut concentric tone pot (i wired her using the G&L s500 schem with a few changes of course..., 1 meg vol, celluliod brown torto guard, new gotoh tuners and warmoth "modified mustang bridge" and just one hell of a instrument... >= )

-----------

Crappy quality, but.....

l_e551835c249d4d1a8574e4f94b8fced2.jpg

l_0bae489bc82347d4af9c99624857f872.jpg

-----

one-piece alder body w/ nitro finish,17k high output bucker(on/off/tap & hot single coil (on/off/out of phase) came outta a mid 990's u.s. peavey detonator.., trem routes filled and drilled ( post straight down), cloth shielded wiring, 500k independent low/high cut concentric tone pot (i wired her using the G&L s500 schem with a few changes of course..., 1 meg vol, celluliod brown torto guard, new gotoh tuners and warmoth "modified mustang bridge" and just one hell of a instrument... >= )

-----------

l_0d260bfb0a484cf083e17deea1cd34ef.jpg

NICE!

Love it, man. It looks awesome!

NICE!

Love it, man. It looks awesome!

Thanks man, :-P its pretty much all i could ever ask for.....

all started when i moved and somehow lost everything but the bridge plate and neck.... the low/high cut makes all the difference in that i can still get pretty damn close to the stock sounds and dial in the chunk w/ the bucker(i play alot off F-A-S-T- punk rock so). the out of phase sounds are loaded with harmonics and enough gain for metal too = ) (but im not sure what you would call it when its full hb and out of phase neck... damn, now im itchin to jam just thinkin bout her! if i can find the wiring diagram i made ill be sure to post it = )

I got to play a MUstang for the first time ever today.

We didn't get along very well :(

I loved the short scale neck, but I hated the heavy gloss finish of it. I got stuck. I found the pickups to be weak, and the vibrato was waaaaaaay to sensitive for me. I'm used to the vibrato on my Jagmaster, which is set up with 5 springs. And the bar fell out when I leaned over to change an amp setting.

Another problem I had was that the neck width seemed to be tiny. Sometimes when I would fret on high E, I would drag the string right off the bottom of the fretboard. Not much margin for error.

I loved the short scale neck, but I hated the heavy gloss finish of it. I got stuck. I found the pickups to be weak, and the vibrato was waaaaaaay to sensitive for me. I'm used to the vibrato on my Jagmaster, which is set up with 5 springs. And the bar fell out when I leaned over to change an amp setting.

Happens to me all the time

also where did you play one, 65 or 69?

I played it at Fretted Instruments, the place on Brunswick street you recommended to me.

I am not sure if it was a 65 or 69, I don't remember if it had a body contour or not. It was a cool custard yellow colour (like the one Fran got not too long ago), and had the bright red tort pickguard.

Thinking about it, I think it DID have a body contour, so I guess that would make it a 69 RI.

I wanted to use a MUstang because I was thinking about a project for next year and I was considering using the FDV on it.

I also played a cheap Squier Hotrails Strat while i was in there. That was a cool sounding guitar. Great neck pickup. Played really clean when I played soft, and then distorted wonderfully when I played some heavy chords. It begged me to Play 'Cracked Actor' on it. Maybe the amp had something to do with it, a beautiful old Vox amp.

I played it at Fretted Instruments, the place on Brunswick street you recommended to me.

I am not sure if it was a 65 or 69, I don't remember if it had a body contour or not. It was a cool custard yellow colour (like the one Fran got not too long ago), and had the bright red tort pickguard.

Thinking about it, I think it DID have a body contour, so I guess that would make it a 69 RI.

I wanted to use a MUstang because I was thinking about a project for next year and I was considering using the FDV on it.

I also played a cheap Squier Hotrails Strat while i was in there. That was a cool sounding guitar. Great neck pickup. Played really clean when I played soft, and then distorted wonderfully when I played some heavy chords. It begged me to Play 'Cracked Actor' on it. Maybe the amp had something to do with it, a beautiful old Vox amp.

If it was a 69 it would be colored like the one I have right next to my Red one

CIMG1189.jpg

Old pic I need to buy some batteries so I can take new pics of my Vintage stang

If it was a 69 it would be colored like the one I have right next to my Red one

CIMG1189.jpg

Yeah, that looks like the same colour. The fretboard was a strange colour - like a very pale rosewood.

The guy at the store said that they were all "66 reissues". Obviously, I knew they weren't.

Love the Jag, by the way ;)

To be honest I'm not totally sure it could be Poplar or Mahogany (since at the start in 64 they were Poplar or Mahogany sometimes people claim Alder and that didnt really change), sometimes I lean more towards it being Mahogany just cause of the tone but I could be wrong.

Also I am fairly certain it has vintage strat pickups in it, I know at least the bridge pickup was a 1976 Strat pickup cause when I took it out for the JB because it had such low ouput the date was 76, nearly 10 years after this guitar was made.