Codog

Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

That is a damn fine price for perfection :wink: Good purchase, if I ever saw one at that price I'd snap it up.

It has one small dink that can't be seen,the original owner professionally sanded down the neck to be less glossy.. and it's the best guitar neck I have ever felt. :o

...the original owner professionally sanded down the neck to be less glossy.. and it's the best guitar neck I have ever felt. :o

Hey Jake. Beautiful guitar, great deal. Congratulations. Hope you're open to a caution which may not be necessary. But since you have such a nice Mustang and obviously will be showing it respect & care...

I've heard that when a neck's finish is sanded to reduce stickiness there's some risk that the neck will be prone to warping. I'm not an expert and don't know how much of your finish is gone, but you may consider having an expert Luthier check it our and advise you.

...the original owner professionally sanded down the neck to be less glossy.. and it's the best guitar neck I have ever felt. :o

Hey Jake. Beautiful guitar, great deal. Congratulations. Hope you're open to a caution which may not be necessary. But since you have such a nice Mustang and obviously will be showing it respect & care...

I've heard that when a neck's finish is sanded to reduce stickiness there's some risk that the neck will be prone to warping. I'm not an expert and don't know how much of your finish is gone, but you may consider having an expert Luthier check it our and advise you.

Hm I don't know the owner took it someplace to get it done :o I mean if the guy who did it knew about guitar and such he probably would have told the guy.. @.@ but i'll get it checked out! thanks :P

Alright I had it checked out and everythings good thank you for telling me anyway! :D

pretty new on the forum, but long time observer, here ya go...

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

comp lpb from 02-03, JB in the bridge,

white from 94-95, lace dually red-silver,

both with upgraded tuners, flipped trem bar, and custom switching. (neck pup switch is a pup selector, bridge pup switch is: hum series-coil shunt-hum parallel

Nice guitars, nice mods. Never heard of flipping the trem bar. What's the benefit of doin that? :-)

thank you, if you open up the bridge and take the springs out and put washers on the posts and flip the trem bar, you disengage the tremolo altogether and the strings come straight through the back (better sustain?) instead of out and around. solves tuning issues on some stangs. i never used the tremolo myself, so i figured this would be a good thing to do.

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

both with upgraded tuners, flipped trem bar, and custom switching. (neck pup switch is a pup selector, bridge pup switch is: hum series-coil shunt-hum parallel

nice man! :-P

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

Nice guitars dude.

I was interested by the Dually Red-Silver when I built my cyclone-mustang geetar.

Can you tell me more about this pickup ? The way you're using it is not Red-Silver-both right ?

If it's not did you ever tried this configuration ?

I'm not sure because I don't really get the meaning of every technical terms in English...

For instance what does coil shunt mean ?

Sorry for all the questions, the bad English and the lack of knowledge... :oops:

Hope you can enlighten me. :-D

Peace.

photopa.jpg

Well I know people are gonna think i'm an idiot for buying one of these, but it was the cheapest Mustang on Ebay.. I got it for $350.

wow nice steal man! :-D

yup. good buy.

sonic blue or daphne blue i need an awnser it will help me more than we could think

thank you mayajag, the lace dually is not working out very well right now. i messed up the wiring and am waiting on a new soldering iron before i can fix it. that pickup has given me alot of trouble with wiring it. coil shunt just refers to turning off one of the coils and using just one single coil. some call it coil split or coil tap, but those are actually different things. when i do get it working it will either be wired like i said before which is: red-silver series/ silver alone/ red-silver parallel. OR: red/ red-silver/ silver. i'm not sure which i want to go with yet. so i haven't actually heard the pickup working correctly yet. its been pretty frustrating, haha. i hope i have been clear in my response, if you have any other questions at all, please feel free to ask.

sonic blue or daphne blue i need an awnser it will help me more than we could think

Sonic Blue, I think. Daphne Blue is a bit more pale.

If I'm understanding the question correctly :D

thank you mayajag, the lace dually is not working out very well right now. i messed up the wiring and am waiting on a new soldering iron before i can fix it. that pickup has given me alot of trouble with wiring it. coil shunt just refers to turning off one of the coils and using just one single coil. some call it coil split or coil tap, but those are actually different things. when i do get it working it will either be wired like i said before which is: red-silver series/ silver alone/ red-silver parallel. OR: red/ red-silver/ silver. i'm not sure which i want to go with yet. so i haven't actually heard the pickup working correctly yet. its been pretty frustrating, haha. i hope i have been clear in my response, if you have any other questions at all, please feel free to ask.

Thank you dude,

I hope you'll manage to get them to work properly.

I'd really like to know what's your opinion about how they sound.

Oh, and you can call me Maya :wink:

Good luck with the soldering !

sonic blue is the lighter of the two, and under stage lights looks almost white (i.e., kurtdz mustangs) daphne is more of a baby blue.

Actually my friend has one of the reissue daphine blue mustangs and the sonic blue is way more blue :o I'll post a comparison sometime this week O.o

hmmm... :-hmmm the sonics i've always seen have looked much lighter. maybe it just looks blue-er to me in the pic. well either way, they're both beautiful colors. very nice guitar you have there.

Joe, nice guitars. The Mustang's a reissue?

That Duo-Sonic is a great project...I just bought a 2009 Classic Vibe and love it.