Codog

Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

Joe, nice guitars. The Mustang's a reissue?

That Duo-Sonic is a great project...I just bought a 2009 Classic Vibe and love it.

thanks

my mustang is not a reissue! it was made in 1973

and duo sonic in 62

i haved other mustang repaint en green from 66 but i sold :cry:

My 66 mustang, looks more stock now though but its still got a dimarzio DP218 in the bridge and a jaguar antiquity in the neck, still got the tuneomatic too. Tuned in drop C# now too.

Mustang4.jpg

My 66 mustang, looks more stock now though but its still got a dimarzio DP218 in the bridge and a jaguar antiquity in the neck, still got the tuneomatic too. Tuned in drop C# now too.

Mustang4.jpg

DROOL!!! :mrgreen:

Ya know, Fender japan really make good mustangs! Better than their jaguars and jazzmasters* (*Their worst offset IMO). The Mustangs they produce are so close to the originals, except for a few minor issues that don't effect sound. Then their Jaguars, they sound and look close to originals too. Then the jazzmaster, the worst of them all...even the pickguard is shaped totally different. And then pickups...they look like p90's inside without the 90! LOL.

But, the last two have the potential IMO to be just as good as their US counterpart with some minor electronic and also if you like aesthetic modifications.

If I lived in Japan and had access to so much variety I would say "screw you U.S Fenders!"

i like this white; so beautiful!!!! B)

I like it alot too!

It is actually a bit more yellowed than the picture shows though...

Finally put the JB in it...

Had a lot of work with it but it sounds excellent.

101115020.jpg

Now the only modification that remains is the color issue...

Or I'm gonna repaint the body or gonna replace the pickguard (maybe white/black/white or mint)...

Anybody has some idea's ?

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

can anyone notice the difference in color tones? the red pcikgaurd is 90's sonic blue, the other doesnt have as much green in it, that guitar also has a warmoth compound raduis neck with jumbo frets. hate to say it but it plays better than the stock one with the humbucker.

• Like 1

12" (or bigger than 7.25) radius necks with jumbo frets are always gonna play better/easier than standard fender 7.25" radius and vintage frets.

:mrgreen:

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

can anyone notice the difference in color tones? the red pcikgaurd is 90's sonic blue, the other doesnt have as much green in it, that guitar also has a warmoth compound raduis neck with jumbo frets. hate to say it but it plays better than the stock one with the humbucker.

I love your guitars.

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

moar pics D: so sexy!!!

For the really bright Orange, Sunburst, and the last White Mustang, is that a DiMarzio Super Distortion Single Coil at the bridge?

Lefty, the Dakota Red one, that's a 1965 vintage?

Here is my new project. Not done. Where are people getting those pro pick guards with the humbucker hole? I am thinking possibly a black pickguard and white switches and pickups.

5406206629_81d479836e.jpg

DSCF9607 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

Here is my new project. Not done. Where are people getting those pro pick guards with the humbucker hole? I am thinking possibly a black pickguard and white switches and pickups.

5406206629_81d479836e.jpg

DSCF9607 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

Try pickguardian.com for pickguards, custom made for a perfect fit. I've never used them personally, but I wouldn't hesitate to.

Try pickguardian.com for pickguards, custom made for a perfect fit. I've never used them personally, but I wouldn't hesitate to.

Looks like they can do it. Emailed them. I will post back what I hear. Really appreciate the advice!

Update: Tony emailed back. (He is fast!) Sounds like it might be doable. He thinks it would be about $40 for a Black/White/Black and $50 if I want to go with the stock white pearl with the humbucker route. Sounds great to me. I am just confirming he can do the route for me with a tracing of my stock pickguard.

Any opinions on what to get? I am leaning towards a black one because stock is... well stock. I have seen them with a tort pickguard. Seems a little weird on red. Any ideas?