Codog

Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

I see you have a JB Jr,nice pickup.I have the same one in my Bronco with a 500k pot and it sounds great.

How does it sound compared to a full size one?

@HNB:

I think that 'll look great with the black/white/black guard on it and white pickups.

Mind to get the TB-4 JB instead of the common sh-4 due to the spacing of the poles.

I made that mistake and had to buy another one

Looks like they can do it. Emailed them. I will post back what I hear. Really appreciate the advice!

Update: Tony emailed back. (He is fast!) Sounds like it might be doable. He thinks it would be about $40 for a Black/White/Black and $50 if I want to go with the stock white pearl with the humbucker route. Sounds great to me. I am just confirming he can do the route for me with a tracing of my stock pickguard.

Any opinions on what to get? I am leaning towards a black one because stock is... well stock. I have seen them with a tort pickguard. Seems a little weird on red. Any ideas?

Well done on looking them up :-) The always seemed reputable to me. I can't suggest ideas to you (that's purely to your own taste), but I always wanted to get a pickguard made in the 'aged pearloid' that they offer.

@Silenus I am leaning towards a black/red/black if I can get it or a black/white/black. I would have it routed for a standard (non-slanted) humbucker so I think the regular JB humbucker would probably work?

@Robbmonster The aged pearloid is like a cream vs white I think? If I end up going for white, I will do this.

@Libtoem I hear that the Jr is a bit more compressed. (Different range. Less highs and mids.) Mine coming in has a Jr. I will do a sound test with that and compare it to my Agile with the full size JB in it and post it. They are different guitars, but should still give sort of a gound to compare.

^ according to the text below, and many people on this site that gave me very good information,

you should get an F-spaced or trembucker for your Fender

http://www.jag-stang.com/faq/general/what-is-an-f-spaced-pickup/

Very good to know! Thanks for that. I would have thought their F Spaced was the Fender spaced. I will get the TB-4 then.

Very good to know! Thanks for that. I would have thought their F Spaced was the Fender spaced. I will get the TB-4 then.

Yup, unless you want to replace your bridge with a TOM, better get a TB-4.

Yup, unless you want to replace your bridge with a TOM, better get a TB-4.

I think the Tune-O-Matic would be more work for not too much gain unless I got a new neck with a different radius. (Since I will have the hard tail conversion.)

What? :-hmmm

Didn't you post the series of Mustang photos including an orange one, a Dakota red, and a blue comp? Or were you quoting PurpleHaze's post?

Musta been his photos. My error.

It came in today! I will do that audio recording of the JB jr. and the full size JB in a few minutes. Might take a little bit to get the video uploaded.

5435057414_c3972e1b39.jpg

DSC08986 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

By the way I was shocked to see the shop tags and paperwork included. Totally cool. Also has a Fender guitar bag. Very cool! Killer buy.

Here is my audio sample of the Jr vs the normal size JB.

0304111819.jpg

0301112203.jpg

0301112200.jpg

0301112157.jpg

All original. The previous owner had put a lil 59n in the bridge for some reason. stupid. i took it out and put the stock fender single coil and... it sounds like an old guitar. In a very good way! weak ass 5-6k single coils. I'm loving it.

Here it is mostly assembled. The bridge is installed but I need to connect my switches to my volume pot before I can screw it down and add my knobs. Might be done tonight!

5527874062_fd5e1304c4.jpg

DSC09167 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

new to the forum hello everyone..

heres a pic of my mustang and duosonic II

I need to get some nice cases for my guitars. These soft ones suck. :)

Heres my original except for switches January '65 Mustang. Already looking to get another! Addictive :rolleyes:

003-9.jpg

002-10.jpg

new to the forum hello everyone..

heres a pic of my mustang and duosonic II

Soooo beautiful!

:cool:

Heres my original except for switches January '65 Mustang. Already looking to get another! Addictive :rolleyes:

Are you sure this is an original 1965? I don't think they came with a string hook on the headstock. And your pickguard does not seem to show age...?

I might be getting a fender mustang soon, and i would just like to see what yours looks like, and the mods you made too it.

Well years after I made that initial post I got the mustang, 1969 competition

So i got a Daphne Blue 65 RI on monday(halloween :D) from Bestbuy for $614 total after tax and a new pair of strings(it was $644 but %10 off cuz it was the last

one and it was the display one) i was extremely happy ive been playing for about almost 2 years but i really dont know much about like setting up a guitar

so when i changed the strings the intonation was off and a bunch of other stuff went wrong so i took it back and had them set it up for $20 but when i got it back they literally had done

nothing they had said it need bridge height adjustment truss rod adjustment and it also had fret buzz which i asked them to get rid of aswell as intonate it but

it was all still the same so any suggestions on what i should do? i dont want to try it myself and end up messing up my new guitar and the only other places close by

charge around $60+ for set up which i dont have

also which way is the bridge supposed to be facing?

mine came with the springs on the screws closer to the saddle

but ive seen it in pictures the other way around