Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

So i got a Daphne Blue 65 RI on monday(halloween :D) from Bestbuy for $614 total after tax and a new pair of strings(it was $644 but %10 off cuz it was the last

one and it was the display one) i was extremely happy ive been playing for about almost 2 years but i really dont know much about like setting up a guitar

so when i changed the strings the intonation was off and a bunch of other stuff went wrong so i took it back and had them set it up for $20 but when i got it back they literally had done

nothing they had said it need bridge height adjustment truss rod adjustment and it also had fret buzz which i asked them to get rid of aswell as intonate it but

it was all still the same so any suggestions on what i should do? i dont want to try it myself and end up messing up my new guitar and the only other places close by

charge around $60+ for set up which i dont have

also which way is the bridge supposed to be facing?

mine came with the springs on the screws closer to the saddle

but ive seen it in pictures the other way around

they sale fender guitar at best buy ????!!!!

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lefty build. Oil finished

Some more pics of my freshly modded Mustang with modern TOM bridge, locked tremolo, lowered switches, fully shielded, 500k pots and Duncan JB humbucker   .    

Sorry to double post but I have a little update. I am starting to realize that fender short scales are an addiction....   I was loving messing around with the squier mustang I posted and had an itch

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmm, probably not. This puppy has the sweetest mojo dripping from the pickups. I love those vintage single coils. I'm gonna start a lefty 'stang build soon though, probably will sell it when Im finished.

let me know. I have a 96' MIJ Stang, it's pretty cool. Just picked up a Jag too. Would love to have that guitar, lefty power!

let me know. I have a 96' MIJ Stang, it's pretty cool. Just picked up a Jag too. Would love to have that guitar, lefty power!

Yeah, I love Jags, probably the coolest looking guitar ever. Very versatile axe IMO. There's a pic of my lefty '63 Jag in the Jag picture thread somewhere from a few years back, check it out!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it's a right handed case or not, I do know that it's the original case to the guitar though. I got this guitar from an old man in San Mateo, CA. His wife was left handed, and she had recently passed away. He needed to sell this to help cover expenses and I made sure he received a healthy sum for it.

Not sure if it's a right handed case or not, I do know that it's the original case to the guitar though. I got this guitar from an old man in San Mateo, CA. His wife was left handed, and she had recently passed away. He needed to sell this to help cover expenses and I made sure he received a healthy sum for it.

so awesome.. if you ever decide to get rid of it... I'm your man.

Hey Charlie Thanks

A guy was advertising right handeds on Ebay so I asked him to make me a lefty which he did for the same price here's the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Body-made-Alder-Ash-your-choice-/250912630875?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3a6b8ee85b

Finding lefty parts was a nightmare - the neck is hand made to short scale. I managed to find a lefty scratchplate but couldn't find a control plate anywhere on the planet so the all in one is hand cut also. Tremolo is standard Fender with the string bar turned around and strung thru the back which works ok apart from the postition of trem arm which is a bit out.

Always played Teles but I love this guitar!

Hope this helps

Good luck and Happy New Year to you and all on this forum

Les :smile:

Hey Charlie Thanks

A guy was advertising right handeds on Ebay so I asked him to make me a lefty which he did for the same price here's the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Body-made-Alder-Ash-your-choice-/250912630875?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3a6b8ee85b

Finding lefty parts was a nightmare - the neck is hand made to short scale. I managed to find lefty a scratchplate but could'nt find a control plate anywhere on the planet so the all in one is hand cut also. Tremolo is standard Fender with the string bar turn around and strung thru the back which works ok apart from the postition of trem arm which is a bit out.

Always played Teles but I love this guitar!

Hope this helps

Good luck and Happy New Year to you and all on this forum

Les :smile:

Thanks much buddy! That helps a lot! Happy New Year!