Codog

Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

that thing is sweet! ive never owned a mustang, but im pretty sure u could use a righty control plate n use it upside down.

You can, but it doesn't look the best. Been there, tried that.

Hey Les, I ordered a body through that seller. Just curious, is the body to that guitar 1.75 thickness? I like the standard 1.5, just wondering if you special requested the body thicker like that and without the contours.

You can, but it doesn't look the best. Been there, tried that.

Hey Les, I ordered a body through that seller. Just curious, is the body to that guitar 1.75 thickness? I like the standard 1.5, just wondering if you special requested the body thicker like that and without the contours.

Body is 1.75 Charlie, and it's how it came. Didn't know much about Stangs before this build as always played Teles or Strats so wasn't too in the know about the contours but I understand now that the 65's were just a slab and the contours only came in in 69. After looking at others I did think of cutting one in but decided against it and I'm happy with it as it is. Good luck with the build mate, what finish are you doing? I've built several Teles and hand finished them all in oil - love the natural look and feel etc, but on the Mustang I did contemplate a Lake Placid finish which I think looks fantastic on guitars. Hope to see your pics when finished

Cheers bud

Les

thanks Spirograph

no worries, but i shouldnt have assumed u hadnt thought of that already. id seen someone else asking bout lefty control plates on ere a bit ago. that guitar is sweet as it is tho!

Body is 1.75 Charlie, and it's how it came. Didn't know much about Stangs before this build as always played Teles or Strats so wasn't too in the know about the contours but I understand now that the 65's were just a slab and the contours only came in in 69. After looking at others I did think of cutting one in but decided against it and I'm happy with it as it is. Good luck with the build mate, what finish are you doing? I've built several Teles and hand finished them all in oil - love the natural look and feel etc, but on the Mustang I did contemplate a Lake Placid finish which I think looks fantastic on guitars. Hope to see your pics when finished

Cheers bud

Les

I ordered mine 1.5 with contours, but I emailed him those requests hours later after some thought, so I'm not sure if he got them in time. If not, I can put the contours in myself. I think I'm going either Surf Green or LPB with it. Although after seeing your guitar, I'm tempted to leave it natural. I love the way the grain looks, it appears bookmatched. That guitar makes me hungry for butterscotch candies for some reason, haha!

I ordered mine 1.5 with contours, but I emailed him those requests hours later after some thought, so I'm not sure if he got them in time. If not, I can put the contours in myself. I think I'm going either Surf Green or LPB with it. Although after seeing your guitar, I'm tempted to leave it natural. I love the way the grain looks, it appears bookmatched. That guitar makes me hungry for butterscotch candies for some reason, haha!

Hmmmmmm LPB....I can feel a swap offer coming on lol!

Hey Charlie Thanks

A guy was advertising right handeds on Ebay so I asked him to make me a lefty which he did for the same price here's the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Body-made-Alder-Ash-your-choice-/250912630875?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3a6b8ee85b

Finding lefty parts was a nightmare - the neck is hand made to short scale. I managed to find a lefty scratchplate but couldn't find a control plate anywhere on the planet so the all in one is hand cut also. Tremolo is standard Fender with the string bar turned around and strung thru the back which works ok apart from the postition of trem arm which is a bit out.

Always played Teles but I love this guitar!

Hope this helps

Good luck and Happy New Year to you and all on this forum

Les :smile:

hey man, where did you get the neck built? I want to build my own lefty stang with a body like this... thanks! lefties rule!

hey man, where did you get the neck built? I want to build my own lefty stang with a body like this... thanks! lefties rule!

Warmoth will make you a lefty stang neck for a pretty fair price.

Warmoth will make you a lefty stang neck for a pretty fair price.

really? I was told they don't make Stang stuff. But then again.. I've heard of people upgrading their lefty stangs with a Compound Radius neck. Have you got one before? does it come with a nut etc...

really? I was told they don't make Stang stuff. But then again.. I've heard of people upgrading their lefty stangs with a Compound Radius neck. Have you got one before? does it come with a nut etc...

They don't make lefty stang bodies or pickguards, but they definitely make lefty necks. They'll cut a nut for you for $25. I've never owned one of their necks, but I've heard they are well worth the money.

Neck was built for me from a guy in the US off Ebay. Afraid I dont have the original link but this link should put you in touch with him

It's a lovely neck to play has a 9.5" radius and V profile (my choice). It came unfinished (my choice also) and I gave it a light oil finish. Good luck

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150705217296

Lookin at Danele's and Mad Mike's LPB Mustangs...beautiful axes. So similar. So different.

I'd love to compare their playability and performance.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici...?

Well here is my warmoth-builed mustang:

375518_2451904737888_1260111439_32035921_106564717_n.jpg

I love it with all my heart. <3

Love your choices for this Mustang, even though "de gustibus non est disputandum" :wink:

Lookin at Danele's and Mad Mike's LPB Mustangs...beautiful axes. So similar. So different.

I cant see the pics of Mad Mike's.. can someone post em on this page please? would love to compare.