Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

hello, i'm new here.

this my guitars:

(my camera is crappy)

a lovely cij sonic blue stang from 97:

DSCN5993.jpg

DSCN5992.jpg

my project stang:

pecs: homemade body, 69 repro bridge pickup, 74 musicmaster neck pickup, 3 ways switch, mij neck.

DSCN5930.jpg

DSCN5927.jpg

and my 74 musicmaster bass:

DSCN5557.jpg

This Guitar looked just like the one above. A '69 Competition Mustang RI in CAR.

Now it's kind of a '72 Custom Jazzstang...or whatever.

I'm very pleased with the sound and looks. AV Jazzmaster P90 in the Neck and a Fender Wide-Range in the Bridge.

521342_2193709498569_1739125467_n.jpg

This Guitar looked just like the one above. A '69 Competition Mustang RI in CAR.

Now it's kind of a '72 Custom Jazzstang...or whatever.

I'm very pleased with the sound and looks. AV Jazzmaster P90 in the Neck and a Fender Wide-Range in the Bridge.

521342_2193709498569_1739125467_n.jpg

Very unique. Cool custom additions. :)

From the shots he put up, it looks low. I know on mine, since i used a modern TOM without drilling the body, i can't adjust mine, but since i liked the tension it has, i just shimmed the neck to give it a better angle. maybe he did the same.

"Adjunsting the Action for Tune o-matic Bridge in the mustang"

Placing a little piece of sandpaper (folded) "inside the neck pocket" You will be able to lower the tension of the strings!

22.jpg

string gauge 0.11

The tension will still be tight, just the bridge angle and action are lowered. I like the tention it provides though so its no loss, and the little cardboard pieces work wonders for a shim, did it both to my mustang and jagstang and i love them.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici...?

Love your choices for this Mustang, even though "de gustibus non est disputandum" :wink:

"By the power of truth, I, while living have conquered the universe."

Haha thanks man, really appreciate it!

Here's my 1965 Mustang. It had been refinished when I bought it...which lowered the price nicely :wink:

I put white pup covers on but otherwise it's all original.

FrontA.jpg

also, does anyone know if you can get different volume knobs without changing out the whole thing.

Yes, Fender Japan uses split-shaft pots in the stock Mustangs. You should be able to use any knobs that are made for split-shaft pots. I would look on Stew-Mac because you would be able to return them if they don't fit.

Yes, Fender Japan uses split-shaft pots in the stock Mustangs. You should be able to use any knobs that are made for split-shaft pots. I would look on Stew-Mac because you would be able to return them if they don't fit.

Depending on how you put them on as well, the ones ment for solid shafts with the set screw can work, i have mustang knobs that have the set screw on my jagstang and im gonna get a set for my mustang since the one on the tone knob was broken by my buddy's ibanez.
  • Like 1

Depending on how you put them on as well, the ones ment for solid shafts with the set screw can work, i have mustang knobs that have the set screw on my jagstang and im gonna get a set for my mustang since the one on the tone knob was broken by my buddy's ibanez.

+1. There's some information I did not know. Thanks, I've honestly never even tried the set screw knobs because I just assumed they wouldn't fit. That gives a lot more knob possibilities.

With knobs a big thing to make sure they fit is knowing your size. MIJ are normally 6mm stock. US pots are normally 1/4 inch. Blame the metric system. Putting US knobs on a 6mm pot will have it off center since it is slightly smaller.