Codog

Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

Hi hi.. i'm new here (this is my first post)

i just sold these a couple of weeks ago and i've just bought a Surf Green Jag with matchin head off ebay which i pick up on friday.. thought i'd post these anyhow.

2843286949_bd75e958f4.jpg

Hi hi.. i'm new here (this is my first post)

i just sold these a couple of weeks ago and i've just bought a Surf Green Jag with matchin head off ebay which i pick up on friday.. thought i'd post these anyhow.

2843286949_bd75e958f4.jpg

This is off topic but JESUS CHRIST that big muff is huge. I didn't think they were that big.

Well it isn't exactly a picture but how abaout a video? :-hmmm

I've owned this Dakota red 65 since the early seventies and my brother bought it as used in early February 1966 from a local music store. I recently put a new set of Wilkinson flat polepiece Strat pickups in it using the bridge and middle ones from the set. Definately changed the sound of my trusty little guitar. :roll:

Although the picture quality is not real good(neither is my playing), You can tell there are exposed pole pickups in it. It's had parts and pieces replaced throughout the years but the body and neck are original. I just sold the great condition original pickups(dated 11-10 and 11-11-65) on E-Bay incase any of y'all saw them. For what I got for them it has me wondering if I shoulda kept'em? Thank you buyers. My bills appreciate it.

It's always been kept in the original hardcase and the neck is almost perfect except for some age discoloring on the back but the body has years of use showing, And I like it. It's been dropped, Hit by symbals whammed by overenthusiastic drummers, Sat on by uh, Lets say intoxicated individuals, And left a better part of it's backside finish on many a belt buckle but it plays awesome and it will never leave my ownership. My brother wants it back if it does. And that aint gonna happen. It's mine all mine!

They do look very similar! When I bought mine I intended to refinish it, however I never got enough cash and it needs new frets so the baby doesn't get playd much. Eventually when I refret her she will get alotta use!

Hello. I'm new. I recently bought a 65 reissue in daphne blue. I haven't made any mods. Oh and a couple things. That's not my room and yes I'm wearing a kurt shirt and a flannel. Hey it was a special occasion.

S7303642.jpg

Have you played a mustang before you got that one?

Obviously the older jap reissues had contours, different pickups and didn't come with cloth wiring, but i'd be interested to see what players thought about the differences having played a few.

I've only ever played one mustang, i had it for like a week, bought it on the cheap just to mod it and sell it. I found it way to light compared to to the other guitars i had at the time, lighter than the jagstang even and they are basically the same, it sounds silly, but i didn't feel like a man playing it!

Have you played a mustang before you got that one?

Obviously the older jap reissues had contours, different pickups and didn't come with cloth wiring, but i'd be interested to see what players thought about the differences having played a few.

I've only ever played one mustang, i had it for like a week, bought it on the cheap just to mod it and sell it. I found it way to light compared to to the other guitars i had at the time, lighter than the jagstang even and they are basically the same, it sounds silly, but i didn't feel like a man playing it!

lol I for one, like a light weight guitar. So much more comfortable.

No this was my first time playing a mustang. I was obviously familiar with them, being a nirvana fan and all. The main reason I wanted one was because of the light weight. I'm not sure if I want to do any mods to it or not. You know it's like maybe if I was to get another one or something. I'd hate to tamper with my first stang. But I don't know.

Don't get me wrong, i don't like heavy guitars either, but being an over average size guy, i like it to have a bit of weight to it. I've seen some guys who make LPs over 2 inches thick with a tiny bit of carving (it's for the sustainz ennit) and i don't see how these guys will walk after 2 years of playing.

You should mod your mustang if it will benefit you and the guitar, most of the mods on this site are 100% reversible.

Don't get me wrong, i don't like heavy guitars either, but being an over average size guy, i like it to have a bit of weight to it. I've seen some guys who make LPs over 2 inches thick with a tiny bit of carving (it's for the sustainz ennit) and i don't see how these guys will walk after 2 years of playing.

You should mod your mustang if it will benefit you and the guitar, most of the mods on this site are 100% reversible.

What kinda guitar d'you like to play? As far as wood goes, weight, whatever.

yehey! we have the same guitar!

Put on the red guard!

It's hard to find a red/tort guard for these '65 RIs. A '69 RI tort guard i got doesn't fit. :(

What kinda guitar d'you like to play? As far as wood goes, weight, whatever.

I've played the same strat for about 5 odd years, it's quite weighty compared to a mustang. I like SG's and LP's, but i don't like the price tags on the ones i like.