Codog

Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

Some pics of my Musicmaster build....not a Mustang, but pretty darned close (just needs a Tremolo route)

As it was when I bought it in 2008 as a body and neck....

_c1278530_image_0.jpg

And then that became this......

_c1278531_image_0.JPG

Here is a picture of my 1978 Fender Mustang.  I got this brand new from the factory with the hard case.  I still have the cover the the bridge as well.  It is my first proper electric guitar.  I got it when I was 21 years of age.  I have many other electrics.  Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, and others.  I'm getting a noise and it is cutting out.  I need to spray some contact cleaner when I get a chance.  Mustangs are very cool guitars.

DSC01472.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

• Like 1

q8G6mSa.jpg

Fender 69 RI Mustang in Candy Apple Red

Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang in Sonic Blue

Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang in Dark Lake Placid Blue

Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang in Fiesta Red = This is going off next week to have a Dirty Fingers pickup put in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NordicBard said:

Just received this beauty. 

Custom made left-handed Mustang. 

Aluminium neck. 

One piece alder body. 

Sustainiac system. 

Tonerider P90. 

2ryrfjl.jpg

1xxk78.jpg

Wow! That gorgeous! Can we see the headstock?

Upgraded the 71' Musicmaster to a Bridge Humbucker, this thing is "teh kurtz on Stereoids" - it's a 1988 Peavey P-12 Nitro III humbucker wired with a 3-way switch to give it three different sounds.  So now I have something akin to an "old school Mustang", a interesting pingy weird thing, and then full blown humbucker that sounds pretty much Nirvana circa 93'. - taking it to the band I'm working on next week, might have to see how she does on some In Utero era stuff.
_c1374058_image_0.jpg

Just received this 2018 mustang prototype from Jim at southpaw guitars. This was the first of a batch of mustangs Fender japan is doing for southpaw. I believe he’s getting 6 in total but the rest won’t be available for a few more months. I’m not sure exactly which model this is (69 or 70s). It has contoured body and a U shaped neck. I’d prefer slimmer profile but this one is still pretty comfortable. It’s just a tad fuller than my 2016 Japanese jazzmaster. Matching headstock is a great touch. Honestly the candy red on this one is just amazing. So much depth in the flake and the color goes from a deep metallic blood red to a bright electric red in direct light. It really just looks great. Pickups are clear and bright. Pots are wired backwards so tone sweep is nonexistent and volume is just slightly better. Easy fix though. Overall fit and finish is superb. Fender Japan just does it right.

aZ3LMnN.jpg