Codog

Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

Especially if it's a Mustang pickguard. It should line up perfectly. My Mustang has a Jag-stang plate on it which I had to cut a little to get it to fit with the neck pocket, but that's understandable, as it's a Jag-stang plate :P

is that sherwood green? refin or what? its a gorgeous guitar, congrats

Kinda' sorta, it looks kind of like Sherwood mixed with Ocean Turquoise in person. It has a neat change of color in the light. I just put a vid of this one on youtube.

Lace own Lace sensor pickups, Fender just paid them a ton of cash to stick their name on and use them.

Mustang pickups are nothing like lace sensors, they are just sort of standard single coils with plain covers, lace sensors are noiseless and have their own tone, they don't sound like anything else really.

Here is my 69 Mustang Competition

The whammy bar disappeared long before I got it and the bridge cover is in the case.

Otherwise, its all original with the exception of replaced slide switches and two wires.

69mustangcompdf2jo1.jpg

Here is my 69 Mustang Competition

The whammy bar disappeared long before I got it and the bridge cover is in the case.

Otherwise, its all original with the exception of replaced slide switches and two wires.

69mustangcompdf2jo1.jpg

wanna sell it for 200USD?

wanna sell it for 200USD?

Funny, thats how much I paid for it 20+ years ago.

And to answer the question: Thanks, but no thanks.

here she is now with TOM bridge and JB Jr

How do you find it now, big improvement?

Yes Fran, better.

First with the TOM bridge, i like the string spacing which is closer but the saddle radius doesn't match the neck radius. A bit improvement on sustain and offered a crisper tone.

I shimmed the neck to increase the angle in relation to the bridge height. By doing this, I can attack the strings better 'cause it's slightly away from the body.

Now with the JB Jr. I like it better although it's darker than the stock pickup. It gave me more tonal option. Used alone, it got more power and is midrangey sounding. Combined with the neck pickup, i got the "twang" back.

All these mods i just learned here in these forums. You guys are the best!