Codog

Pics of Everyones fender mustangs

here she is now with TOM bridge and JB Jr

How do you find it now, big improvement?

Yes Fran, better.

First with the TOM bridge, i like the string spacing which is closer but the saddle radius doesn't match the neck radius. A bit improvement on sustain and offered a crisper tone.

I shimmed the neck to increase the angle in relation to the bridge height. By doing this, I can attack the strings better 'cause it's slightly away from the body.

Now with the JB Jr. I like it better although it's darker than the stock pickup. It gave me more tonal option. Used alone, it got more power and is midrangey sounding. Combined with the neck pickup, i got the "twang" back.

All these mods i just learned here in these forums. You guys are the best!

Thats great!

I might try a TOM on my CIJ Jaguar, i have a Gotoh spare doing nothing.

here she is now with TOM bridge and JB Jr

Cool,I have a JB Jr in my Bronco and I love it.Are you using the stock pots on your Mustang,I have thought about changing out my 250k pots on my 68 Bronco for some 500k but I just cant bring myslef so do it as there vintage pots but I know it would sound better.

my 65 ri

pc09h.jpg

Nice. Is that Dakota Red? What 'bucker you got in there?

thanks, yeah its dakota with a JB innit,

im a little longing for the single back though :?

Ahhh. That's why if I ever make money and get a Mustang, I will install one of those "fits in a single coil route" humbuckers... Or I'd swap the single coils out with Jaguar units...

Ahhh. That's why if I ever make money and get a Mustang, I will install one of those "fits in a single coil route" humbuckers... Or I'd swap the single coils out with Jaguar units...

in hindsight i wish i would have gone that way and done a hotrail or the like, if i had a pickgaurd for the two singles it would already be back to stock, jag pups would be interesting but i dont know if they differ enough from mustang pups to make me want to change them

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuurve Jaguar PUPs... They are the sunshine that awakes me in the morning and the moon that sings me to sleep... :-shy

To quote the Oblongs: "Uhh, that was a little gayer than I'd hoped for." :lol:

Nah, I just love the tone... My ideal setup (on any guitar) would be either 3 Jaguar PUPs (a la Cyclone II) or a Jaguar PUP in bridge and a HB in neck...

What you could easily do is just get another pickguard, load it up with what you want, and then all you need is one guitar and can switch pickguards 'tween sets/ songs depending on the sound you need...

Bass, not guitar... I play bass more often than guitar (I'm better at it)...

I have a Bronco Bass, a modified Ibanez Soundgear, and a 1960s Greenburst Beatle-bass copy by Ideal...

Install a coil tap...

its already wired like that, but i didnt do the phase switching when i rewired it which i miss as well.

assuming youve got phase switching on the neck pup, youre set. a pickup can only be in phase or out of phase relative to another pickup, so phase switching on one pickup doesnt matter except for feedback purposes

Install a coil tap...

its already wired like that, but i didnt do the phase switching when i rewired it which i miss as well.

assuming youve got phase switching on the neck pup, youre set. a pickup can only be in phase or out of phase relative to another pickup, so phase switching on one pickup doesnt matter except for feedback purposes

ha, just earned myself some kook points right there.