Mustang/Duo Sonic - custom project

This may sound like a dumb question, but did you get a linear pot or logorithmic (audio). Linears increase/deecrease at a constant value, where audio use "curve" based on a logorithmic set of values. The linear may not always "zero out" and could be your problem.

It wouldn't be the taper of the pot. A linear turned all the way down will be a straight shunt to ground the same as an audio.

I've never seen a problem like this. Without seeing exactly how you have it wired, its impossible to make any suggestions other than either the pot is bad or the wiring is.

They all come with 500k pots don't they?

Anyway, I compared both Jag-stang and mustang diagrams, and there is a difference. The second phase switch is wired differently. I corrected mine to the mustang design, but holy shyte the volume still won't reach zero.

I fixed it, i'm not sure what was wrong with it.

I just earthed it more securily.

Don't ever buy alpha brand pots, i don't trust them.

Anyway, the guitar sounds bloody amazing. I can't wait to pump it through a bigger amp. I'm now officially converted to single coils! so much clarity.

I have a thrashed MIM Duo. Does anyone have ideas for what I should do with it along the lines of this project? I also have a nice one that I will keep stock. Would it be difficult to fit a Mustang bridge to it? If the Duo is never going to be a sought after guitar, I might as well trick it out.

One idea I had was to use some old parts from a 70s MusicMaster I've had since the 70s. It occurred to me to make a replica of a MM with the Duo. It's such a lowly model, it doesn't make any earthly sense. But the idea appeals to have a little guitar with one measly pickup that can hold its own, say with a small bucker. But the pick guard doesn't fit the screw holes or the bridge. I had assumed they were all the same bodies.

Are there different measurements between the originals and the reissues? That's something I have not seen anything written about.