Kurt cobain using sonic blue mustang, with no humbucker

Codog

is this the one we're talking about

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7597563.stm

No, that's not the one...

I actually made a post, but I forgot to click submit.

Rather than write all the crap I wrote last time, I will provide the two important links...

The guitar post-Dweezil:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... rzappanale

The guitar as Frank had it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mando_gal/491839308/

As you can see, Dweezil changed just about everything. The body is all that remains of the guitar that Hendrix played, and pretty much all of the guitar that Frank played.

Pretty cool that FRank left the melted pickups on there.

By the way, anyone who wants to hear Frank Zappa using the guitar should check out his 1975 album 'Zoot Allures'...

who gives a #### if he put an extra strap in? might not be as valuable, but it makes it playable for him. although i wouldnt of done that, id have just played it sitting down

i dont see this as a problm either. if i had gotten the guitar i might have done the same to make it playable, plus i would have never sold it so i could care less if it brought the value down.

who gives a #### if he put an extra strap in? might not be as valuable, but it makes it playable for him. although i wouldnt of done that, id have just played it sitting down

i dont see this as a problm either. if i had gotten the guitar i might have done the same to make it playable, plus i would have never sold it so i could care less if it brought the value down.

Maybe. I guess I would be thinking about the value more than anything. If I was given a guitar that had been played by a dead rock star, I wouldn't be modifying it in any way.

If I was given the car Bonnie and Clyde were killed in, I wouldn't fill in the holes in the body and take it for a spin.

But that's just me.

seems like this dumbass kid is almost as popular as Kurt is now anyways, so the extra hole might not even be a big deal to collectors now. everyone will be like, yeah that kid Courtney gave the guitar to drilled the hole in it. at east everyone knows whre it came from. altough pinching all the knobs and electronics is a big nono.

I've never cared for anything Zappa. Wouldn't call it music, just random parts put together in an uncreative or cared for manner.

Then you should try listening to something he recorded after 1970. Zappa was one of the most wonderful, melodic composers I've ever run across.

But to each his own, of course ;)

I never cared for it. What can I say. I'm pretty sure I have heard some recordings after 1970, but I don't know.

i duno, i quite like my knob pinched.

:lol:

lol

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THAT WAS MY GUITAR MY DAD TOOK IT WITHOUT ME KNOWING I PLAYED IT I TASTED KURTS SWEAT A PICE OF HIS SOUL WAS IN THAT GUITAR I STILL CRY I WAS GOING TO BE BURIED WIT IT I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF SELLING IT WHY DOSE JOHN LENNON HAVE 200 GUITARS KURT ONLY HAD 7 I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HOLD ,PLAY,DRILL A HOLE FOR A STRAP AN I SHOULD HAVE IT IT WAS STOLEN I WAS YOUNG AN RAPED TAKEN FOR LIKE A CHUMP MAYBE ONE DAY I WILL HOLD IT BEFORE I DIE I HOPE BUT IT WAS HIS NOT MINE I WILL ALWAYS HAVE PARTS OF IT ON MY JAGUAR BUT THE WHOLE THING IS A TRAGIC SAD AN GOOD MEMORY COURTNEY IS NICE AN I THANK HER WITH ALL MY HEART I SAW HER AN SPOKE TO HER ABOUT IT SHE WAS IN ORLANDO PLAYING A SHOW I WISH I COULD GO BACK IN TIME I WOULD RUN AWAY WITH IT ITS GONE BUT IT WILL ALWAYS BE WITH ME SAME WITH KURT,PEACE

THAT WAS MY GUITAR MY DAD TOOK IT WITHOUT ME KNOWING I PLAYED IT I TASTED KURTS SWEAT A PICE OF HIS SOUL WAS IN THAT GUITAR I STILL CRY I WAS GOING TO BE BURIED WIT IT I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF SELLING IT WHY DOSE JOHN LENNON HAVE 200 GUITARS KURT ONLY HAD 7 I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HOLD ,PLAY,DRILL A HOLE FOR A STRAP AN I SHOULD HAVE IT IT WAS STOLEN I WAS YOUNG AN RAPED TAKEN FOR LIKE A CHUMP MAYBE ONE DAY I WILL HOLD IT BEFORE I DIE I HOPE BUT IT WAS HIS NOT MINE I WILL ALWAYS HAVE PARTS OF IT ON MY JAGUAR BUT THE WHOLE THING IS A TRAGIC SAD AN GOOD MEMORY COURTNEY IS NICE AN I THANK HER WITH ALL MY HEART I SAW HER AN SPOKE TO HER ABOUT IT SHE WAS IN ORLANDO PLAYING A SHOW I WISH I COULD GO BACK IN TIME I WOULD RUN AWAY WITH IT ITS GONE BUT IT WILL ALWAYS BE WITH ME SAME WITH KURT,PEACE

fggt

• 2 months later...

i believe you... so what did you actually write that touched courtney so much that she gave you sky stang 3?

Don't expect a reply...

That post seems to have been the only one that user EVER made.

Yes, I know... It was as early as last June though. If he is telling the truth his story lines up with the available facts, I just figured it was worth following up on. If it is in fact that kid, then he'll be back. He won't be able to resist defending his 'good honor' by replying to a long over dead thread. Plus I get a strange satisfaction over resurrecting old arguments... Who knows, maybe it really is that kid, in any event if it is- I really would like to know what was written that would have Courtny respond as she did, don't you? So I emailed him through this forum too. We shall see, only time will tell...

• 2 weeks later...