outsidersouth

My Jag stang does not say "Designed by Kurt Cobain&quot

so its fake or what?

mine does too

jagstang

96 (i guess)

V+6

last post "by robroe on Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:36 am"

I started reading through this and thought to myself, Fookin hell, Aug's back then some others and then i thought, Fookinhell this thread is 4 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!

Guffaw.

i got a jagstang with T serial number too..made in japan not crafted in japan, the guy who sold it to me was right, he told me it is a very rare guitar to come buy with a T serial number.

some argue the jagstang were first issued in 1996 ..i kept arguing with a guy on ebay but he kept telling me it is a 1996 , i will post pics if someone wants to see it...

i got a jagstang with T serial number too..made in japan not crafted in japan, the guy who sold it to me was right, he told me it is a very rare guitar to come buy with a T serial number.

some argue the jagstang were first issued in 1996 ..i kept arguing with a guy on ebay but he kept telling me it is a 1996 , i will post pics if someone wants to see it...

Like many things, they were made long before they were available to buy, so that the mad rush at the beginning could be sustained.

EDIT: 4000th post and rank 6 :-D

i agree, some people on ebay piss me off, they list jagstangs as a 1996 first year production and keep on going stating this is the original ones..and that leaves a doubt about the ones that were made in 1994-1995 or even 1993 if there was one, and also results in the credibility of the instrument, to me i don't really care about that , i did not like it first for its odd shape..i had to trade my fender bassman late 60's early 70's amp head for it, i never heard of the jagstang till this past febuary 2010, it really is a unique guitar , has that gritty sound and the smoothest neck.

I've heard some made in very late 94, but the only ones made in 93 were kurt's two prototypes. The jagstang quit production in 1999 and restarted again in 2003, and some people brand those as reissues although they are no better or worse. This means that all the ones made up to 99 are 'originals' even though there are far more original issue ones that reissues around.

But also, the 96 ones had the 50th anniversery sticker on.

yes , that's true...mine does not have the designed by kurt cobain or the sticker either and by no means is better than the reissues , japan is known for high quality guitars , may be the pickups could be upgraded but leaving it stock is a good idea because that's how it was designed to sound , it will take its character away if you mess with the electronics.

yes , that's true...mine does not have the designed by kurt cobain or the sticker either and by no means is better than the reissues , japan is known for high quality guitars , may be the pickups could be upgraded but leaving it stock is a good idea because that's how it was designed to sound , it will take its character away if you mess with the electronics.

It was designed that way because is was cheapest. Kurt used 16k pickups, and the JS has 5k pickups, which are considered weak for humbuckers of the 50s. Don't be afraid to swap the pickups. Its never a bad idea.

It was designed that way because is was cheapest. Kurt used 16k pickups, and the JS has 5k pickups, which are considered weak for humbuckers of the 50s. Don't be afraid to swap the pickups. Its never a bad idea.

i was thinking about it to tell you the truth, what would you recommand ?

I'd simply get some GFS pickups. Lindy fralin and boutique stuff like that isn't really nesecarry if you only need a generic kind of sound.

I'd look at GFS power rails, or crunchy rails or crunchy pats. The power rails are my favorite.

i will try the power rails ..and see what happens, thanks ..Lindy Fralin has some good ones too, but GFS will do the trick.thanks will post a vid of it on you tube when i have a chance.