I just won one on ebay for about 50 bucks shipped so Im excited.Im going to throw it in my Jaguar and I already installed some 500k pots in my jag so hopefully I will get some very nice distortion.Now I need to decide which guitar I will thow my old jag pickup in,which is a SJAG-3,maybe my Bronco might come in favor.

you didnt need 500k pots. the reason people change from 250k to 500k is to brighten up the guitar. your dulling the guitar. besides, why not just roll the tone control down if thats what your after? the neck pickup (i assume the JBs going in the bridge) wont sound the same. besides a 500k volume pot is the equivilant of turning the volume down. the tone pot affects tone, and even then, a 1Mpot when rolled down becomes the equivalent of a 500k pot...

so you wasted money on new pots.

I wasted no money on the pots,I took the pots out of a ####ty guitar that I never use and also I really never use the neck pickup but its a S-JAG neck pickup so it should sound just fine.

And Im well aware of pots and my Jag sounds alot better than before,I dont like my guitars to bright.And yes I already tried rolling back the volume and tone before I change the pots and it does not sound the same to me,it sounded like ####.And I have been playing music for a long time now so I know what kind of sound I like and don't like.

electronically challenged people look away.

youre right, it wont change the specs completely due to the jags dumbass circuit design (anyone who knows anything about circuit knows thatleo ####ed this one up big time. the tone pot affects resistance to hot aswell as resistance to ground, as does the volume control. when the pickups are off, they arent grounded.) but you could have remedied this by bypassing the resistor on the tone pot, and connecting middle to hot on the volume pot. about an inch of wire, and it would change the specs to 500k when turned down.

this would make it slightly less user friendly if you were constantly screwing with the knobs, but add versatility. if youre just trying to leave them on full all the time, then maybe 500k if thats what youre looking for. then again, the only reall affect pots have on tone is on the tone pot. and then you dont even need a new pot, just a 1M resistor in parralel with the middle and grounded lugs of the tone pot.