Pickup to get that Les Paul/SG-ish sound on a Jagmaster?

Marlonmm

Been thinking of upgrading the stock pickups of my jagmaster Vista but can't decide what to put in there.

I'm looking at a Les Paul/SG/PAF type sound with a twang (is there such a thing?). I don't want to get myself an LP or SG since i like the Fender neck better.

Any pickup to recommend before i go break my piggy bank?

Also, do i need to replace the stock pots of my jagmaster when i upgrade my pickups?

Cheers! :-D

Gibson Burstbuckers either 1,2, or 3

1- is the most low output and recommended for the neck position.

2- is a medium output and can work in neck or bridge (i have one in the bridge of my epiphone and i love it)

3- is modeled after an over wound PAF and is recommended for the bridge.

These three pickups are all modeled after PAF''s and how they were wound different ways to different outputs pickup to pickup, I would defiantly check them out. Also look on some of the high end gibson's and see what kind of pickups they have in them, also pick your favorite player using LP/SG That has the tone you want and pick apart there set (amps,pedals,guitars).

SD PAF and DiMarzio PAF 36th Anniv are the things I'm checking out. But no idea how they will sound in a jagmaster.

i haven't heard a sound bites from a burstbucker. i'll check it out also.

i tried seeting up to get that ac/dc sound from my jagmaster using my marshall MG15CDR and OD-3 but not quite there (haha, my puny gear. maybe next time i get a better amp). i also like the distorted sound of KC but not so much of his clean sound.

yeah, i heard good comments about peavey bandit and the other one called peavey classic. the later i think is discontinued and hard to find here (getting a decent tube amp would be my next project when my playing improves).

i tried playing my friend's epi les paul thru my 15-watter and it almost nails the sound i'm looking for.

I'm thinking about getting a Jagmaster and replacing the pickups with GFS Memphis Retrotrons. The GFS site says you can swap them out into any guitar that has humbuckers, but the corner shape of the stock Jagmaster pickups seems very rounded, while the GFS pickups are more square.

Has anyone actually done a pickup replacement in a Jagmaster, and did it require any extra routing?