Recently a MIJ sunburst Jaguar 1996-1997 model for 600 bucks caught my eye. Now, there's one problem with it, theres an, I'd say, inch and a half - two inch, chip in the paint job on it's ass. I love wear and tear on guitars, it gives it character, but being that I have termite ants in my house during the summer, I'm wondering if there's any way to take care of this imperfection, without redoing the paint job, so my new guitar won't be eaten?

well id take care of the termites so the house didnt collapse. besides, its not like its being left in the basement, is it? do they actually just come in the middle of the room and eat your guitar? you could put it in its case while youre not playing... maybe rub some repellant on the wood... do termites like rubbing alcohol? candle wax?

Apparently, termites eat upto three times faster when listening to rock music, so aslong as you switch to listening to Frank Sinatra, your jag will survive till at least christmas.

lmfao

Best way to avoid termites eating your guitar is to not have any termites in your house! Plus what does it matter if your guitar isn't eaten when they chew through a support beam and the roof collapses! Get rid of those suckers!

Yeah, we bombed our house a couple times, they just keep coming back, I don't know where they're coming from. We've put out lots of poison, seems to do the trick, and then as Robbmonster said, "Termites are right bastards, and they always seem to be hungry," so after about 3-4 weeks I see them on a regular basis.

Yeah, I was thinking a case could prevent them from eating away at it little by little, but I've seen collector guitars, that do nothing other than sit in cases get eaten, and being that they're bugs, you got to remember, they can get into anything, and they leave a trail so they can follow their way back to the source. I imagine, being that I don't plan on leaving it somewhere, like in my basement, and playing it every day, that it'll be fine, I just wanted to make sure.

i have a nice wooden case i could lend you. its unfinished rosewood, cost about 5000.

:lol:

leave wood around the guitar thats the key! Keep planks of plywood a few feet away so the termites eat that and go away leaving the Jaguar safe and sound its genius I say!

I swore you were gonna suggest setting the wood on fire as well. That there fire will keep dat der termites away ya der ay!

so your house is falling apart?

your scared to get a guitar because of the termites?

the power company want to buy your house - presumably over the odds in the current crappy housing market?

and you don't want to sell?

does your next door neighbour undress with the window open or something?

so your house is falling apart?

your scared to get a guitar because of the termites?

the power company want to buy your house - presumably over the odds in the current crappy housing market?

and you don't want to sell?

does your next door neighbour undress with the window open or something?

Interesting assesment Melvin-Man, maybe the power company is only offering $20 for the house. Even falling apart, it is probably still worth at least double that amount ;)