2008 Jaguar Classic Player H H

• 2 weeks later...
New to the board, since I got a Sunburst Classic Player. The humbuckers aren't too bad in my opinion, but I can definitely hear a higher pitched metallic ring in them, guess it's hard to describe.

I do think I'll replace the neck at least sometime soon, but I wonder if it's a pain to replace them with the blending circuit.

forget the pickups, we werent excpecting much of them (although we problably should for 800), what do you think of everything else?

by the way i dont give a #### about the electronics failing in a guitar. im a solder jockey, i would problably #### it up in the first place. however that shows very poor quality control.

Hey thanks Robbmoster.

The pickups aren't really that bad, it's just once you start pushing you amp (Marshall DSL for me) they start to get pretty abrasive.

The neck plays great, the frets are well attended too, and the trem works great. Only thing is the first day I had it, I banged the "e" tuning machine when I was stringing it up and it went all ####eyed.

So I'm going to replace them with a new set, but that was all my fault. The blend switches are really cool and come in handy when swapping amps. I have a Peavey Classic 50 and my band mate has at Vox AC-30 and it really is helpful with all of them.

For the $ it's not too bad out of the box. Just wish it came with a case for $850.

I saw someone mention "F" Spaced Pickups...what does this mean? I just bought a set of DiMarzio's (and have a set of Gibson 490's that I'm going to try too) but will this be a problem if they're not "F" Spaced?

First off welcome to the boards!

F spaced humbuckers will be humbuckers designed so that the polepieces sit directly under the strings on a Fender guitar. (Fenders have a wider string spacing at the bridge than Gibsons or other models with Tune-O-Matics). It won't be a huge problem id they aren't F spaced, it just means you won't get the most out of your 'buckers :wink:

Yeah, nirvanafreak's right. The difference in volume will be so tiny that no one could ever notice it.

And about the TOM on the Jags, I don't know for sure, but I'd guess they have "F" spaced TOMs aswell? That's just a pure guess, so it'd be good if someone could prove/disprove my theory...

Hey thanks Robbmoster.

The pickups aren't really that bad, it's just once you start pushing you amp (Marshall DSL for me) they start to get pretty abrasive.

The neck plays great, the frets are well attended too, and the trem works great. Only thing is the first day I had it, I banged the "e" tuning machine when I was stringing it up and it went all ####.

So I'm going to replace them with a new set, but that was all my fault. The blend switches are really cool and come in handy when swapping amps. I have a Peavey Classic 50 and my band mate has at Vox AC-30 and it really is helpful with all of them.

For the $ it's not too bad out of the box. Just wish it came with a case for $850.

I saw someone mention "F" Spaced Pickups...what does this mean? I just bought a set of DiMarzio's (and have a set of Gibson 490's that I'm going to try too) but will this be a problem if they're not "F" Spaced?

go ask your music shop if they have a junk box. i got a single tuner for free which was a perfect match for my jap. jag.

• 3 weeks later...

i played one for about an hour at guitar center, and i liked it alot. i'd prolly replace the pickups just because, but i wouldn't worry about it immediately. I'm nearly positive its the next guitar i'll get, unless i find another upgraded jag for a better price. vintage is too expensive, and i dont really wanna pay an extra hundred for shipping for a jap. plus i want buckers. i thought its played nice, stayed in tune and had good sustain, which were my main concerns, electronic and wiring can all be changed, but it doesnt mean squat if it doesnt have the playability. and the neck felt alot more like a jag neck as opposed to those black crome hh's which felt.. i dunno.. just.. wrong hahah

i wanna get some kind of custom effect on the guitar itself, like make the kill swich on/off and and the circuts a rate -/+, depth -/+ or whatever depending on the effect. sounds like a neat little idea to me and one less pedal to carry around.

• 3 weeks later...

I have picked one of these up too! What a great git! This is one of those that does it all (almost) and does it well! I am very impressed by it and it has become my go to git. I love the tones you can get from it, Brad Pasiley, to Zepplin, to Duane Allman, to Cobain-outstanding! Mine is the Oly white, may have to save up and get a sunburst one too!

Sarge