Blindingsun

Classic Player Jaguars (DONT BUY)

Actually the Classic Player Jags are good guitars. I own one.

Not every guitar is made perfect.

Ever heard of a recall?((mainly in Cars, but you get my drift...))

Most people have had experience with a "bad" guitar.

NOW if you have played two of them and the circuits died then there is a problem.

with any guitar company if you pull 20 off the line 10 of them are decent.

5 are PERFECT 3 are sub par and in need of a setup, and then 2 are just crappy.

that has been the story ever since gutiar factories were put into play.

i was in the shop today and i played a classic player jag HH. it didnt have a trem arm, so i cant comment on that, but a big part of my playing is drone string bending, like bending into or out of a major or minor chord. when i did this, there was no detuning of the drone strings :-D . the action was great, nice and low with no buzzing. the pickups were suprisingly good, especially considering the last pickups i had. id still replace them, but they were fine for fender humbuckers (wide range pickups are the only ones ive ever found decent from fender) i didnt spend too much time with this guitar to check nitty gritty things like intonation and the such, but it played great, the neck must be angled. by the way the pots have a good sweep, maybe the wiring is a bit different for the vol/tone controls. this was through a blues junior by the way 8) one hell of an amp, i think ill get one for my mom's.

by the way, i also tried a smalted maple tele (les paul in a tele body, duncan 59 neck, pearly gates bridge), GREAT guitar. huge distorted sound, and surprisingly nice cleans. not too complex or textured, just a nice simple clean sound. its a chambered body, mahogany set neck and body, spalted maple top. the looks of this guitar are truly beautiful, a jag w/smalted maple top would be the prettiest guitar ever. the matching headstock completes this. the action was good on this guitar, but i did notice buzzing occasionally, but this may very well be my playing, i cant play lead guitar on anything 24" necks. (well i can, it just doesnt sound too hot).

also tried out a jekyll and hyde and BB + the bb ROCKS although i did notice that only on the boost-styled channel do you retain decen dynamics. bb kills the jekyll and hyde. overpriced though.

If they're MIM, I could have one. But like I was just telling Freak, I dont like the way the low E doesnt line up with the pole pieces of the humbuckers. Especially the bridge. That and they only come in Kurdt-burst or white. Otherwise, I'm impressed. F*cking years after the 90's we get Jags with humbuckers from Fender. Better late than never I guess.

How did the neck radius feel with the TOM?? Like those black HH's??

If they're MIM, I could have one. But like I was just telling Freak, I dont like the way the low E doesnt line up with the pole pieces of the humbuckers. Especially the bridge. That and they only come in Kurdt-burst or white. Otherwise, I'm impressed. F*cking years after the 90's we get Jags with humbuckers from Fender. Better late than never I guess.

I wouldnt even call it kurdt burst...just an interesting sunburst.

the neck felt a bit different, i dont know how to describe it. slightly thinner maybe.

compound radius is possible, but why wouldn't fender advertise that? although they list it as 7.25 on both the classic player and special, which is wrong, and they are a bunch of idiots over there.

to me it felt more like a jstang neck with jumbo frets. i like it. not at all like that horrid black/chrome jag hh neck, i was so excited when those came out because they were cheaper and had buckers, but immediately after picking around a few chords i decided i hated the neck, which is a major part of why i liked jags in the first place. and i dont want to butcher a vintage jag for buckers. so im not saving for that. im getting a mex hh and anyone elses opinion be damned. haha its feels fine to me and its infinitely more affordable. so there. =P