Just back from Guitarguitar...

... and I tried the classic player Jag and the classic player Jazzy. In my opinion... they aren't great. Both of them (but especially the Jag) felt really cheap, the switches felt like they'd break and the metal parts looked like they were made of plastic and coated in chrome. I wouldn't buy one, even if I had the money to... I'd go Japanese.

Just thought you'd like to know :P

Glad I didn't buy one. I was really considering it, but once I learned it was a Mexican-made guitar, I knew it wasn't meant to be. I've only played one Mexican-made guitar that was decent. Everything else...crap. Their necks feel horrible too. That's my least favorite part of 'em.

I listened, but being that you say all that other stupid crap, I just didn't comment on it. That and being that there's so many positive reviews on them, I decided that the one you tried was just one of those crappy ones that didn't get caught for such bad quality.

Yeah, I can see what happened to the one you tried, blindingsun, would happen to a lot of them. They just felt really cheap and nasty.

And it's true about mexican Fenders. They are, for the most part, crap. I was trying out a couple of MIM Strats in the shop, then I picked up one of the Squier Classic Vibe Strats. It was nicer than all of them!! Trying the Fender 60s agains the Squier 60s was interesting. The Squier came out on top in almost every aspect! I liked it so much that I actually want one now :lol:

why did they even bring these out? are there any positive changes to speak of? i read somewhere that the jazzys were just jags with big plastic covers over the pickups.

I was thinking about getting one, i even made a post asking about it, but looks like a mustang is the way to go

of course there are positive changes. the trem is moved in closer, tune-o-matic bridge, humbucker version, 9.5 radius. whats the matter with you? If i like the neck and trem on one id definitely consider buying one. only concern is the price. wait 5 years for these things to be forgotten about and pick one up in a pawn shop.

The neck was the one part that I thought was ok on them. The trem on the Jazzy was just about unuseable, as the arm was only about an inch (at most) off the body, and there was only like one place you could put it to depress it. Too far one way you'd hit the volume knob and too far the other you'd hit the TOM.

I was thinking about getting one, i even made a post asking about it, but looks like a mustang is the way to go

Definately. I'd have a Mustang over the Classic Players any day. The build quality is much better and i do believe that they are cheaper... although I could be wrong on the price thing. :P

why did they even bring these out? are there any positive changes to speak of? i read somewhere that the jazzys were just jags with big plastic covers over the pickups.

of course there are positive changes. the trem is moved in closer, tune-o-matic bridge, humbucker version, 9.5 radius. whats the matter with you? If i like the neck and trem on one id definitely consider buying one. only concern is the price. wait 5 years for these things to be forgotten about and pick one up in a pawn shop.

ahaha alright alright. My naked eye wouldn't be able to notice those things, and I've only just done any decent research. I'm still dissapointed, i bought a mustang on saturday, and i'm adoring it

The neck was the one part that I thought was ok on them. The trem on the Jazzy was just about unuseable, as the arm was only about an inch (at most) off the body, and there was only like one place you could put it to depress it. Too far one way you'd hit the volume knob and too far the other you'd hit the TOM.

The trem bar on all Jaguars/Jazzys are low. They get a little higher towards the end, not much but they do. They're just not meant for dive bomb trem use. It's much easier to use a whammy bar when you can hold it and strum and not disrupt the strings and use it when you want to, compared to playing a fast riff then taking the time to lightly hit a trem bar thats 2-3 inches too high and then go back into playing. It's just kind of pointless to have it too high. But that's just my opinion.

The trem bar on all Jaguars/Jazzys are low. They get a little higher towards the end, not much but they do. They're just not meant for dive bomb trem use. It's much easier to use a whammy bar when you can hold it and strum and not disrupt the strings and use it when you want to, compared to playing a fast riff then taking the time to lightly hit a trem bar thats 2-3 inches too high and then go back into playing. It's just kind of pointless to have it too high. But that's just my opinion.

Ah right, it's probably just my lack of playing experience on Jags and Jazzys and the fact that I'm used to Mustangs and Strats which have the trem bar mounted higher. It just felt a bit unnatural for me, but that's 'cause I'm not used to it.

Ah right, it's probably just my lack of playing experience on Jags and Jazzys and the fact that I'm used to Mustangs and Strats which have the trem bar mounted higher. It just felt a bit unnatural for me, but that's 'cause I'm not used to it.

I've only had my Jaguar for three weeks, and the only trem action I've used was Mustangs/Strats, the Jaguar/Jazzy trem bar is so much easier to use I think. I love it. I got a grip of how to use it instantaneously.

I tried both the MIM Jazzmaster and Jaguar in PMT a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice any difference build wise from my Japanese HH. I wanted to try a single coil more traditional Jaguar and was favourably impressed. For me the Jazzmaster didn't have the bite or drive in the pick ups of the Jag that I would want, but I'm still drawn to the Japanese ones for the matching headstock. Are the Jap pickups as hot as the Mexicans?