Squire affinity telecaster

Well what I did was I bought a loaded telecaster mim body,then I bought a rosewood squier bullet neck for it which came with turners and such.It came out to around 250 for everthing and it sounds really great.Squiers are good guitars but on a alot of them you need to change out the electronics and pickups to get it to sound good enough if you playing shows but thats just me.

Well what I did was I bought a loaded telecaster mim body,then I bought a rosewood squier bullet neck for it which came with turners and such.It came out to around 250 for everthing and it sounds really great.Squiers are good guitars but on a alot of them you need to change out the electronics and pickups to get it to sound good enough if you playing shows but thats just me.

well, its just for the better half, don't think she'll be playing any gigs for a looooong time!!

and if she does take it seriously i'll get her something better.

Also, Melvin-Man, I explained about how my neck pup got replaced and I was griping about how the middle pickup selection is awful.

Well...

I play through a Marshall mg10, and I discovered tonight that if I turn volume and tone and volume on the guitar to 10, and turn the contour on the amp to 10, I get a wonderful, stratty twang out of it. I mean a really great sound. Because the bridge pickup is very trebly and the neck pickup is very bassy (and height adjusted to make this even more the case), the middle setting falls righ in the middle. In fact, it has already become my new favourite setting on the guitar... :)

Why dont you just drill some new pilot holes for the screws, Rob? That way you can put the new scratchplate on :-D

I'm not really one for doing stuff like that. And I'm not really sure how. The holes are very close, but just a bit off. I am worried I would damage the guitar...

edit: or since I am getting a new pickguard made for my 51 (if it ever gets finished) I supposed I could have them make another for the tele, using the OG pickguard as a template...

Here's another idea. Take them the guitar and the new scratchplate that you bought and get them to fit it properly (i.e. fill the holes already there and drill new ones in the right place). It'll probably be cheaper that way, and save having to get another scratchplate made.

To be honest, I think the price would be about the same. Still, it is worth getting a quote I guess...