simple question about a jag-stang

i want to get a jag-stang for my boyfriend but i don't really know that much about guitars... i found one that seems good but the person said it's a left handed one, but the pictures make it look like it's right handed to me. so, what's the difference between the two? thanks for the help.

Left handed means it's for someone who suffers a left handed handicap.

So they (a left handed person) would play on the neck with their right hand and strum with their left.

Imagine the guitar in your hands and which hand the neck is in and which hand you'd be strumming with.

If you're playing on the neck of the guitar with your left hand and strumming with your right hand, it's a right handed guitar.

Easier to explain with a picture. This is a right handed guitar of mine.

project.jpg

You'll notice that the left horn (the place where a guitar strap would go) is higher up on the fret board. The right horn is lower, this allows you to go further on the neck.

I'm not sure how to define the term horn, so if you don't get it, I'll edit the picture to show you what I mean.

Well if you look at the picture I posted, you can tell that it's right handed because of the pickguard and placement of the volume/tone knobs. They're on the right side, so imagine you pick up the guitar from the neck you'd put it on your knee, and those knobs would be facing down toward your knee. Not all guitars are like that, but the Jag-Stang would be the same as the picture of my guitar I posted above.

No problem. Could be because Cobain was left handed and whoever was selling it thought of that for some reason, who knows.

Are you sure? Post a link to the picture, lets make sure.

I'd hate for you, or anyone to buy a guitar, and have it be the wrong kind because I didn't explain myself well enough.