Thinking about putting Lace Sensors into my Strat

I completely love my MIM Strat, and the tone is brilliant. However, the only thing that irks me about it is the 60-Cycle hum. And it always leaves me fiddling with my amp settings to try and dull it down. (But hardly ever works)

Now, on musiciansfriend, they have an already pre-wired Strat pickguard with the Blue/Silver/Red combo. And I as I do not have a soldering kit or anything, is it worth it to get the pre-wired guard, and then take it to a shop (paying a little extra money) to get it installed? Or, should I try to learn how to solder and possibly screw it up?

soldering is the easiest thing to do, im 14 and ive installed the same thing on my strat

R0012316.jpg

i put the blue in the bridge cus i prefer the sound(that doesnt take any soldering just taking the red and blue out then putting the in the different places)

anyway, all you have to do is put the pickguard in the hole and solder the trailing wires to the jack, oh yeah and one to the vibrato plate thing in the back of the guitar

no real skill required, just a little patience

soldering is the easiest thing to do, im 14 and ive installed the same thing on my strat

R0012316.jpg

i put the blue in the bridge cus i prefer the sound(that doesnt take any soldering just taking the red and blue out then putting the in the different places)

anyway, all you have to do is put the pickguard in the hole and solder the trailing wires to the jack, oh yeah and one to the vibrato plate thing in the back of the guitar

no real skill required, just a little patience

Yeah, it would probably be better to learn how to solder...however, I'm too afraid of messing it up. Especially since the Strat is my only guitar. I think I might just get it done at a shop.