Gibson Acoustics GOOD?

all gibson electrics are overpriced. therefore, i would assume the same of the acoustics.

Wrong. Gibson acoustics are actually really great. The J-45 is pretty much the standard for acoustic guitars (in my books anyway :wink: ). They have an awesome sound, great balance across the strings and a great bass response. Just brilliant. The Dove is questionable, with it's garish red paint that looks like plastic, but I'll let them off because of the awesomeness of the J-45.

rockman, most of the things in your post were so dumb, it amazes me. "i wonder if people get them cuz there good or if its becuase there gibson?" seriously? i dont think 'your favorite artists' are gonna use some #### sounding gear for its name. thats dumb, borderline retarded

K looks like someone needs to calm their tits. The only reason i said that because that just was just one idea i thought people got them. it wasn't suppose to be my main thought.

According to Dan Erlewine--a guitar maintenance expert--who knows more than several of us combined, says that Gibson Acoustics made since they opened their Montana factory are equal to, and possibly better than the Gibson acoustics made in their heyday before the early 60's. He places these on par with Martins, as well. They have different tonal qualities, but both are excellent guitars--pricey--yes, but excellent guitars. (It's the mid 60's to pre Montanas where you need to be more careful. But even there I wouldn't discount finding good ones--but in general the Montana ones will be better.

rockman, most of the things in your post were so dumb, it amazes me. "i wonder if people get them cuz there good or if its becuase there gibson?" seriously? i dont think 'your favorite artists' are gonna use some #### sounding gear for its name. thats dumb, borderline retarded

K looks like someone needs to calm their tits. The only reason i said that because that just was just one idea i thought people got them. it wasn't suppose to be my main thought.

what you want to see some hard nipples? haha, and i agree with freak i just didnt want to come off as an ####, but yeah rockman posts="borderline retarded" haha classic king buzzo