Most Useful Guitar Pedal to have in a Rig

That depends on what I'm doing at the moment, but I like my Pigtronix Echolution. It's a really versatile delay and I have it on all the time, when it's not doing delay I set the delay time short and low in the mix so that it's doing a nice ambient reverb type delay with a slight modulation and tremelo in the mix. It's always on!

Otherwise I like my Tubescreamer, I use it a lot too.

I got both mine for 20 bucks eac, however I've seen the same model selling for up to 100 bucks I just think I got lucky with both

Edit :

My tuners the Korg GT-12 If anyone ever see's one for cheap I highly reccomend you jump on it! Its by far the best tuner I've had, it does guitar,bass,chromatic, and Ukulele along with Open tunings its fantastic!

http://www.theguitarfiles.com/modules.php?name=catalog&file=product_info&products_id=716

Well I don't really use a distortion pedal in my current rig so if its not a tuner then I guess I'd pick my wah I guess... :lol:

I dunno why I haven't been using my pedals lately.

If your Orange amps avatar is accurate... do you play with over-driven Orange amps as your main sound? That would certainly lessen the need for a distortion pedal.

I play with a clean sound, so in the classic Pixies/Nirvana-esque sound contrast kind-of-way, distortion offers the best change... but I have been enjoying my Empress Superdelay pedal the most lately. :wink:

Not necessarily a "pedal", per se, but my Lexicon MX200 multi-effects signal processor is definitely a mainstay. Also, I get quite a bit of mileage out of my Ernie Ball 6166 volume pedal. Other than that, my chain currently just consists of my guitar to my volume pedal to the MX200 and into my amp.

Must Have for me....digitech Whammy for the following reasons...

- use the 5ths setting on some songs

- use the "detune" as a makeshift chorus effect

- use the drop tuning to change tunings mid song

- use the octave sections to double as an octave divider pedal or emulate 12-strings

Without those, some of the songs I've been doing in my current projects just would not be the same.

nero, what amp?

It's a peavey bandit 112. The "Transtube" technology was supposedly great tube emulation, but I grew to like it less and less over time...Otherwise a great amp, but the distortion sounds tinny once you get past a light blues sound. For anything heavier I use the big Muff.