I'm Jonsing for a Jag or a Jazz. Plain and simple. Got to be honest, the new Jag Classic Player HH really caught my attention. I'm a tinkerer, so the humbucker routes seemed like it would make for a great platform to create something very cool. I've been impressed with the fit, finish and playability of the Classic Player series instruments. Electronics can always be upgraded/replaced.

Knowing the pickups seem to be the weak link in this guitar, I'm thinking I'd like to drop a set of Duncan P-Rails in it to get the best of all worlds: Humbucking madness, P-90 Jazzy-like tones and single-coil Jag tones. Plus, the blend circuit could be used to do some interesting things with the P-90/Single coil interplay. Recycle that stupid kill switch idea into something useful - like turn the blend feature on/off? Kill switch? Seriously, Fender?

My biggest question right now is where I might find a blank switch plate, or one like this:

http://www.fenderjaguar.net/images/gallery/cody/5.jpg

The other question is - would it fit the MIM?

Your wisdom and knowledge are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bloody Hell its my jag!! :lol:

Sorry Idk where you would get the switch though.

Yeah... I lifted it from the thread with the pics of everyone's Jags. I really dig yours.

That setup with some Duncan P-Rails, I think, would be pretty killer.

Thanks for the info, Libtoem... I've already sent them an email.