can i replace the 22.7" neck on the duo-sonic reissue with a 24" neck?

i've looked around online, but i haven't been able to find anything about it, although i saw one with a tele neck on it. i've been reading these forums for a while so i thought i would join and see if anyone can help me.

thanks a lot!

also, could i put a mustang pickguard and control plate on it?

hmm. what's the difference in the body shapes?

i decided against replacing the neck, because it really has fine playability, but i do think i'll replace the bridge to something with six saddles. right now it has a three saddle vintage style tele bridge. any suggestions on a replacement?

also, i think i'll have to replace the tuners, especially since the high e tuner was bent when i recieved it today, and now it won't tune down, only up.

aaaand the pickups are barely getting any signal from the g string, despite the pole piece being really high. could it maybe have something to do with being strung with a wound g?

i was looking at the pickguards, and they definitely look different, but do you think i could somehow get the mustang control plate on there? aaand what kind of hardtail strat would i use? do you happen to know the string spacing for the duo-sonic? i've read that start bridges are 2.25, but warmoth offers a narrow spaced 2.125 strat bridge.

i thought intonation might be a problem, but after putting a fresh set of strings on, everything seems okay. the g string gets picked up, intonation isn't too far off. i've heard complaints about the tuners, but i haven't really had any problems with them. the one thing i still might like to change is the pickups. they're awfully noisy, and they kind of hiss, which i've never heard from any of my other guitars.

hmm. what's the difference in the body shapes?

i decided against replacing the neck, because it really has fine playability, but i do think i'll replace the bridge to something with six saddles. right now it has a three saddle vintage style tele bridge. any suggestions on a replacement?

also, i think i'll have to replace the tuners, especially since the high e tuner was bent when i recieved it today, and now it won't tune down, only up.

aaaand the pickups are barely getting any signal from the g string, despite the pole piece being really high. could it maybe have something to do with being strung with a wound g?

I have problems with the g on my tele. It's not wound, but it just doesn't "ring" like I think it should.

Sometimes, the bridge saddle height adjustment screw on b (the screw closest to g) works its way loose and vibrates when any note on the g string is played. I probably just need a new screw...

what strings do you use? and yea, g-strings dont sound great on electric guitars unless its wound, but then you cant do bluesy bends...

Were you talking to me, Trav (accidental Taxi Driver reference)?

If so, sorry for the late reply, and to answer the question, right now my Tele has d'Addario 10-46 (unwound g), i think

I've just got my hands back on my old MIM Duo and want to try and stang it up...my goal is to make look like a 65 stang.

My question is what 24inch neck would you recommend?...I've thought about either warmoth or a used reissue but not sure whick would be better/more cost effective?

I've just got my hands back on my old MIM Duo and want to try and stang it up...my goal is to make look like a 65 stang.

My question is what 24inch neck would you recommend?...I've thought about either warmoth or a used reissue but not sure whick would be better/more cost effective?

the warmoth 24' necks have that ridiculous side adjust trussrod, and as far as i know they dont offer vintage radius on them. used reissue or even a vintage bronco neck would be the better idea imo

the warmoth 24' necks have that ridiculous side adjust trussrod, and as far as i know they dont offer vintage radius on them. used reissue or even a vintage bronco neck would be the better idea imo

Agreed. If it was me, 65 RI neck all the way...

has anyone tried or heard of someone trying one of these :?: :

http://astore.amazon.com/mediawebsourc0 ... B000BYT9H0

It says it's a 24" scale and I have heard suprisingly good things about SX guitars (for the money of course). My thought was if the neck is worth the price of the guitar cause all I would do is take the neck off and pitch the guitar, unless the pups are nice then I may use one in the MIM duo.

My question was more the quality of their necks...I thought it might be a cheaper way to get a neck for my duo but didnt' know if they were any good or if they would fit, the bolt pattern seems to be close but prob not perfect...Just didint' know if anyone here had tried it before.

There Jag-ish thing is 25.5 scale so it's a no go, really cool looking funky guitar tho I'd love to play one :)