I would but I'm not totally sure if the neck bolts will line up, not an unovercomable problem but a lot of work when I don't even know if it will work...also its "technically" "technically" not my guitar, its a friend of mines but I've had it in my office for almost a year while I've been "working" on it.

Has anyone tried to put a 25.5 neck on a duo? What if I tried to put a diff bridge on it? I was thinking the stoptail that is on the Squier '51. I don't really want to do this but I'm really wanting to get started on this project & so I'm willing to compromise.

I would but I'm not totally sure if the neck bolts will line up, not an unovercomable problem but a lot of work when I don't even know if it will work...also its "technically" "technically" not my guitar, its a friend of mines but I've had it in my office for almost a year while I've been "working" on it.

Has anyone tried to put a 25.5 neck on a duo? What if I tried to put a diff bridge on it? I was thinking the stoptail that is on the Squier '51. I don't really want to do this but I'm really wanting to get started on this project & so I'm willing to compromise.

Sounds like an awful lot of uncertainty. But hey, it is a project after all :)

The Squier 51 (really fun guitar by the way) has a top mount strat style bridge. I really don't want to do a 25.5 but I'm getting restless, maybe I just need to be patient & wait tell I have the $ to buy a 24 neck.

I would just try it but like I said its not my neck. Also after looking at the headstock its butt ugly so I'd still have to get a stratish neck but they are cheaper then 24" so its still an option.

whats wrong with uncertainty? hes not gonna break anything...

and yea, if it doesnt work, you could put a new bridge on it, or just loosen the screws and redrill them a bit further from the neck. (these are surface mount like strats right?)

Maybe not "break", but dowelling, drilling, so on on a guitar that "technically" isnt his??? I wouldnt be doing it...

tried it...didn't work :(

The neck pocket is totally different...stupid axl guitars! :-hateit

still not sure if a 25.5 neck will work but I am seriously considering buyig a crappy strat-ish neck from a pawn shop just to see if it works and the thought of the top mount bridge is starting to appeal as well, thoughts?

tried it...didn't work :(

The neck pocket is totally different...stupid axl guitars! :-hateit

still not sure if a 25.5 neck will work but I am seriously considering buyig a crappy strat-ish neck from a pawn shop just to see if it works and the thought of the top mount bridge is starting to appeal as well, thoughts?

Top mounting bridge would be easier to install than any floating or strat-style system.

Then you just have to patch up the leftover holes.

I think.

hmm.... my thought to see if it would work without modification is to move the high e saddle back as far as possible, and measure from the intonation point to the edge of the pocket, and then check those measurements against whatever you find on google, or rob might hook you up, i think he did the same thing a while ago.

• 3 weeks later...