Well I threw my super distortion in as well as some alpha 500k pots in my Jagstang and wired it up just like my Bronco and my Jagstang still has way to much bass using distortion,not really bright at all.

Anyone have any ideas,all I want is the distortion to sound bright.

Its not the cap as I can hook it up to just the volume pot and I get the same results,I'll mess with it some more but this guitar is pissing me off as I really don't want to route the body for a stright humbucker as I know the bridge pickup pretty much does not line up at all with the strings,that the only thing I can think of.Also I have tried many different 500k pots and it still sounds like I have 250k pots in there.

Its not the cap as I can hook it up to just the volume pot and I get the same results,I'll mess with it some more but this guitar is pissing me off as I really don't want to route the body for a stright humbucker as I know the bridge pickup pretty much does not line up at all with the strings,that the only thing I can think of.Also I have tried many different 500k pots and it still sounds like I have 250k pots in there.
I used to think the angled humbucker argument was valid but since my own project i dont.

I used 500k alpha pots, .022 orange drop capacitor and an angled Seymour Duncan Custom... its as bright as you could want. Mahogany body as well.

To be honest though, the Super Distortion is not the 'brightest' choice out there. In the wrong guitar they just sound muddy. I prefer the SD Custom or Pearly Gates.

Well I did some more test with a different humbucker and I still got the same results but now I know exactly what the problem is and its definitely the way the pickup is angled.The low e sting does not line up at all on the pickup so I moved the low e sting closer to the pole pieces and the problem went away and the guitar sounded nice and bright so I guess I will go the route and get a srtight humbucker.

Thanks,I just have electrical tape on it to make it less noticeable but I would love to put a Mustang guard on there but I know it would not be a good fit as I saw here.

http://www.jag-stang.com/FAQ/index.php? ... id=106&c=1

Has anyone ever modified a mustang guard to fit a jagstang?

I might pickup up a cheap mustang guard and see what happens.

I just use volume,its all I really ever use,even on my other guitars I rarely use the tone pot.

I'm the same to be honest. Rarely use the tone control on the guitar.

Put a sprage oranage drop capacitor in. The stock one is the kind of crap you get from radioshack...

As for the orange drop, I replaced the stock cap. in my Mustang with one, and it made absolutely no difference to tone whatsoever. :lol: Me and my big bro puzzled about it for a bit, then concluded that it looked cooler than the stock one so left it in there. :P