Gettin a mustang (oops)

welll the guy on craigslist hasnt gotten back to me (after giving me his phone number on sunday). And i called up my "local" guitar center and they have a used white/tort 65 reissue in stock and the guy on the phone was willing to go as low as $380 for it. So im leaving in a couple minutes to go check that out ill most likely grab it unless its got some kind of horrible defect. ill post pics of it (if i get it) later tonight :-D

so i went to guitar center yesterday and the guy i talked to on the phone brought the stang outta his office with a $449 pricetag and gave it to me i played it for a while through a fender twin reverb.it sounded great but the 12th on the A would just buzz when played and i noticed the bridge was much lower on one side then the other. I asked one of the clerks to raise it, and he did. The fret was fixed but for some reason the guy still thought it was buzzing. so i decided to buy it, and the guy thinking it was broken sold it to me for $100 dollars less then he said on the phone so i got it for $280

:D im in love with it

picz

stang1.jpg

stang2.jpg

stang3.jpg

stang4.jpg

stang.jpg

with my jaguar (sorry dark)

js.jpg

what kind of fuktard sells a stang like that for 280?

:lol::lol: It's true though... You'd have to be seriously 'special' to let one go for that low...

Whats the difference between a 65 reissue and a 69 reissue

Well, like Cody said, the '69 has contours, the '65 don't. Also the tuners are different, and the decal on the headstock is different. The other thing is that on the '65, it says 'PATENT PENDING' under the Dynamic Fender Vibrato logo on the tailpiece. I noticed too that the switches on the '65 are different. They feel (to me) cheaper and more likely to break.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same :wink:

It plays amazing the only thing im thinkin is maybe swapping the stock bridge pup for a single sized humbucker of some sort ,like a jb jr or hotrails

Whats the difference between a 65 reissue and a 69 reissue

Awesome score mate, I'm happy for ya.

Treasure that guitar, awesome guitar for an even awesomer price :)

well i was taking off the pickguard to see what the wiring was like in my mustang and i accidently dropped my friends router into it and it went on somhow and then i was holding a soldering iron in my hand and i dropped it and it accidently un-wired the bridge single coil and wired a JB in its place

DSC04742.jpg

(crappy picture)

well i was taking off the pickguard to see what the wiring was like in my mustang and i accidently dropped my friends router into it and it went on somhow and then i was holding a soldering iron in my hand and i dropped it and it accidently un-wired the bridge single coil and wired a JB in its place

I hate when that happens lol

As long as the end result is ok, u wont have to accidentally undo it all ;)

Hahaha, pretty much the same thing happened to me. :P