least favorite fender guitar

what's your least favorite fender guitar?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. what's your least favorite fender guitar?

• stratocaster
    • telecaster
    • jazzmaster
    • jaguar
    • mustang
    • jag-stang
    • cyclone
    • toronado
    • swinger
    • showmaster

strats are more common than teles over here, but weve also got country, and everybody in country plays a tele.

True dat. Usually when i think Tele, first thing that cpomes to mind is Country music.

or Ottis Reading because I saw one of his Teles at the R&R Hall of fame.

Decided not to vote (haven't played most of the guitars), but still willing to opine...

I'm gonna list each guitar and rate the cons as I see them from my standpoint...

Stratocaster: No real complaints. Too common for some, and hence "uncool".

Telecaster: Boring shape, not overly versatile.

Jazzmaster: Apparently prone to feedback. Not a fan of elaborate switching.

Jaguar: Way too much switching for a clown like me to deal with.

Mustang: No major gripes, except again, maybe the switching.

Jag-Stang: Ugly-looking. Other than that, I know nothing about them.

Cyclone: Never actually heard one, but I wonder how much they differ from the Jag-Stang...

Toronado: I know little about them...

Swinger: The fact they were made from spare parts is a bit off-putting...

Showmaster: I know nothing about them. But it sure doesn't LOOK like a Fender.

By the way, I love the Performer.

That's my post...

I don't know much about a couple on the list, so i voted tele. It's boring and overused. I know the strat is too, but it seems to be 'cool' to use a tele now, therefore its not cool.

This is kinda what I was getting at... Does a guitar being "overused" mean it is bad or great?

There is a reason the guitars are so popular.

Personally, I would never base my opinion of a guitar on popularity.

Melvin, during the alternative explosion when it became "cool" to use a Jaguar, would you have listed Jaguar as your least favourite?

I don't mean to stir up trouble, but it just seems to me that not liking a guitar purely because everyone else does is a bit... I dunno... self-concious.

Still, I gave my opinion, you gave yours, I guess we just choose what we like and don't like in a different way :)

+1,going against the majority because they are the majority is just as bad as going with it because its easy.

+2 for that! I picked the Swinger, I love my strat and tele I dont play them that much but they have an unmistakable tone and I for one love the tone of a strat on a nice clean fender amp or better yet.....an ORANGE! :D:D

+1,going against the majority because they are the majority is just as bad as going with it because its easy.

+2 for that! I picked the Swinger, I love my strat and tele I dont play them that much but they have an unmistakable tone and I for one love the tone of a strat on a nice clean fender amp or better yet.....an ORANGE! :D:D

I take it you have a thing for Orange amps?

I take it you have a thing for Orange amps?

You hadn't realised!? :lol::lol:

Cyclone: Never actually heard one, but I wonder how much they differ from the Jag-Stang...

a.) How does the mustang have too much switching for you?

b.) Jag-stangs are a thing of beauty.

c.) You can't use the pickups on a Cyclone out of phase from each other like you can on a JS also I'm pretty sure the pups on a Cyclone are quite a bit stronger than JS pups

a.) How does the mustang have too much switching for you?

b.) Jag-stangs are a thing of beauty.

c.) You can't use the pickups on a Cyclone out of phase from each other like you can on a JS also I'm pretty sure the pups on a Cyclone are quite a bit stronger than JS pups

a:) Anything more than a standard pickup switch is too much switching for me.

b:) Agree to disagree on that one.

c:) I don't even know what "out of phase" means, so that doesn't bother me in the slightest :)

By the way thanks for the info about the Cyclone. It's on my list of guitars to look into once money is better. Hopefully I can pick up a Fender for a good price, so I will be looking toward the less popular models...