went in for strings walked out with strat

i took a trip down to my local shop to pick up some strings today, and when i got there i was totally drawn to those squire bullet strats when i saw them, i picked on up, black with rosewood, and it had one of the best necks ive ever played and a beautiful dark and shiny fretboard. i couldnt pass this guitar up it felt right,and for 99 bucks out the door i added a strat to the family.got some strings after all (with a guitar attached) anyone else have good luck with these guitars?

i took a trip down to my local shop to pick up some strings today, and when i got there i was totally drawn to those squire bullet strats when i saw them, i picked on up, black with rosewood, and it had one of the best necks ive ever played and a beautiful dark and shiny fretboard. i couldnt pass this guitar up it felt right,and for 99 bucks out the door i added a strat to the family.got some strings after all (with a guitar attached) anyone else have good luck with these guitars?

not a bullet but my affinity strat is awesome, the neck not only plays great but the figuring on it is orgasmic

I know what you mean about the fretboard. I saw a Bullet at a music store and the fretboard was - as you said - a beautiful, dark, shiny, almost transglucent crimson. Looked like wax, but just great. The guitar itself was Olympic White with red tort pickguard. Nice combo.

I have never played a Bullet plugged in; how does it sound??? How close to a 'real' strat?

I've considered buying a Bullet, but I have always been put off by the fact that it is the 'lowest' guitar in the entire Fender family. I'd be more likely to get an Affinity.

Still, if I could pick up a Bullet secondhand for about AUD$80, I would probably go for it. Brand new, they retail for AUD$199

Awesome,glad it sounds good.

And yes the neck is great looking,it kind of has some dark red in it as you can see on my Tele.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/pikkonson/26.png

That's the colour I was talking about, Lib. Looks great.

As an aside, I saw a guitar is a pawn shop for AUD$99. It was painted green, and I'm talking body, neck, even fretboard. Metallic, British Racing green. I think the body was plywood, the metal inside the vibrato system (I don't know what you call the part, but the guitar is strat-style) was cracked, and the whole guitar was just in awful condition.

But I plugged it in anyway, and the pickups were amazing. Covered, Mustang-style pickups. Very hot, very loud.

Point is, I considered buying it, ripping out the pickups and swapping them into a Bullet, then offloading the other guitar to help recoup costs.

But alas, money is not good at the moment...

Awesome,glad it sounds good.

And yes the neck is great looking,it kind of has some dark red in it as you can see on my Tele.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/pikkonson/26.png

That's the colour I was talking about, Lib. Looks great.

As an aside, I saw a guitar is a pawn shop for AUD$99. It was painted green, and I'm talking body, neck, even fretboard. Metallic, British Racing green. I think the body was plywood, the metal inside the vibrato system (I don't know what you call the part, but the guitar is strat-style) was cracked, and the whole guitar was just in awful condition.

But I plugged it in anyway, and the pickups were amazing. Covered, Mustang-style pickups. Very hot, very loud.

Point is, I considered buying it, ripping out the pickups and swapping them into a Bullet, then offloading the other guitar to help recoup costs.

But alas, money is not good at the moment...

sneak in with a soldering iron and a screwdriver

i have a squire strat, i like it use it a good bit, also have one of those squire bullets with one pickup, its still nib

Squier Bullet with one pickup? What's those???

They were the original Squier Bullets. I remember one of my mates had one as a first guitar.

I thought the original Bullet had 2 pickups. My mistake.