Well, buddy, Kurt did not use a 100% Jaguar. He made a lot of modifications on it, including:

Change the pickups to Dimarzio Super distortion for the neck and Dimarzio PAF for the bridge. At the In Utero era he used Seymour Duncan JB.

Tune-O-Matic bridge.

I think that's it, isn it?

he used a super distortion in the bridge and had a tune-o-matic, he pretty much didn't use anything else on the jag so thats about all you'll need to do, i'd reccomend going for a jb jr, it'll sound close enough to the kurtz and you won't have to cut up the guitar.

the tune-o-matic will completely transform the sound of the guitar, and the action won't be adjustable (though it's not too high for comfort). i'd reccomend a large post (like epiphone) TOM as you won't have to wrap electrical tape around the posts like on the modern-style TOMs (pretty piss-poor method of doing a 'mod' if you ask me).

so while you can still get a fender neck singlecoil sound and the guitar will be more versatile in a 'rock' sense, i hope you don't like it the way it is, because it's not going to be like that anymore.

please bugger off and read the stickys, they'll give you more help.

buy 1926 ri av jaguar pickups. they'll sound amazing, or buy single couil buckers so you can change it back out, the nirvana thing gets old fast, bands break up even faster, your better off keeping the guitar stock, than again its your guitar. although id check ebay for some av ri jag pickups before you choose to cut your jag open.

You'd be better off buying a Jagmaster and leaving your Jag alone.

They are the same shape and feel but with humbuckers also reasonably priced for modding.

You wont have the same electrics but you dont need them anyway for the sound you want.

Check the "sticky" posts about Kurdtz gear and consider other things like mesa-boogie stacks etc. A modded Jag alone wont get you there.

he used a super distortion in the bridge and had a tune-o-matic, he pretty much didn't use anything else on the jag so thats about all you'll need to do, i'd reccomend going for a jb jr, it'll sound close enough to the kurtz and you won't have to cut up the guitar.

the tune-o-matic will completely transform the sound of the guitar, and the action won't be adjustable (though it's not too high for comfort). i'd reccomend a large post (like epiphone) TOM as you won't have to wrap electrical tape around the posts like on the modern-style TOMs (pretty piss-poor method of doing a 'mod' if you ask me).

so while you can still get a fender neck singlecoil sound and the guitar will be more versatile in a 'rock' sense, i hope you don't like it the way it is, because it's not going to be like that anymore.

please bugger off and read the stickys, they'll give you more help.

Thanks, Paul, I really messed off the informations :)

Use a single coil sized jb humbucker for the bridge position. Don't go cutting up the guitar... there is no need to. Also buy a pedal that he used. e.g. Boss DS2.

Or alternatively buy a KC Jag as that will hold its value in the long term.

Depends whether you are after his sound or the look, & I'm guessing both.