• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New here... here's a family portrait.

Needs more cage-dancin' girls, IMO.

My baby Emg SA in the neck and Emg 81 in the bridge. Just had a new bone nut made/installed and a double fret dressing (they were that bad) and spacers under the string tree (to get rid of all th

If you tweak the knobs right on your DS-1 as well on your amp you could get a really nice crispy sound, sometimes i love it and sometimes not, depends on the amp im currently using.

OT: Can someone explain for me what i should get and change on the guitar to make it as sweet as possible with a JB SH-4 in the bridge?

Having some problem understanding what "250"k and "0.22 orange drop" is and what they do to the sound with a JB SH-4 in the bridge.

OT: Can someone explain for me what i should get and change on the guitar to make it as sweet as possible with a JB SH-4 in the bridge?

Having some problem understanding what "250"k and "0.22 orange drop" is and what they do to the sound with a JB SH-4 in the bridge.

250k is the old choice for a potentiometer (Volume and tone pots) with a 0.47 cap (connects between the tone pot and ground as a treble bleed) in single coil guitars, but i think a lot of newer Strat's and stuff use 500k these days and the 0.22 cap works better with humbuckers (higher output pickups).

The JagStang as stock comes fitted with cheap 250k pots and a cheap 0.47 cap, it does'nt compliment the guitar at all seeing as it uses a humbucker and is made of Basswood which is sometimes a dull sounding timber. So basically the new parts add more treble and take the dullness away.

Changing this lot over and fitting a Seymour Duncan pickup will significantly improve the guitars sound.

The JB is a popular allrounder pickup, personally i prefer the Pearly Gates or Duncan Custom. Its down to preferance and worth listening to sound samples.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
My Lefty First Issue

18351_478297070620_691255620_11188641_5878500_n.jpg

wow thats really nice. I have a question. Do you have any paint flaws in yours and if you do is the paint really thin and chippy? Mine is the same as yours in the photo but it is a righty and everyone orignal jag-stang i look at the paint looks good but on the butt of mine theres a small paint chip and the paint is soo thin compared to my reissue which is soo thick of a paint/clearcoat that it feels like plastic lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I finally get to join the JS bandwagon. Picked this badboy up a couple of nights ago from this guy that lived in Plano, TX. It was a 3 1/2 hour drive but it was worth it seeing as the guitar was only $400. I could not resist. Thanks to SS.org for providing the link. I'll post some newer pics up once I do some mods to it. It's also a '97 MIJ model. Is there a difference between MIJ and CIJ?

These are the pics from the ad.

l_e07544baee8244b2bd947f7bece7e15f.jpgl_b1ed6cbe7e1f4dd788c377378a84e4a6.jpg

I guess I finally get to join the JS bandwagon. Picked this badboy up a couple of nights ago from this guy that lived in Plano, TX. It was a 3 1/2 hour drive but it was worth it seeing as the guitar was only $400. I could not resist. Thanks to SS.org for providing the link. I'll post some newer pics up once I do some mods to it. It's also a '97 MIJ model. Is there a difference between MIJ and CIJ?

These are the pics from the ad.

l_e07544baee8244b2bd947f7bece7e15f.jpgl_b1ed6cbe7e1f4dd788c377378a84e4a6.jpg

Sweet! :-D

PS: CIJ=Reissue

to be honest with you, i was searching for "custom jag-stang" on google a few days ago, and it leads me here, when i recognized mine. :wink:

i was surprised to realize you were talking about my beloved one for months/years??

i was criticized about my mods on some forums, but you are great, i think!! ;)

it's a pleasure to be here.. :oops:

shee needs to be rewired, the killswitch have to be replaced soon, and some other stuffs too.

but one day, she'll be ready to sound like no other one, i promise!!

just have to change a few things, it will take some time, but i'll do it for sure! :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...