• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New here... here's a family portrait.

Needs more cage-dancin' girls, IMO.

My baby Emg SA in the neck and Emg 81 in the bridge. Just had a new bone nut made/installed and a double fret dressing (they were that bad) and spacers under the string tree (to get rid of all th

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice!!

Thanks mate- yeah it was a labour of love-

I hardwired the switches as this Jagstang is my touring guitar so I have the humbucker set to normal and the single coil out of phase- I have the bridge locked in and the tailpiece locked down- took out the original string tree and replaced it with a couple of decent trees, obviously got the red tort scratchie in there without switch holes, and painted it in Ice White- the whitest of white I could find !

Added some Fender Strat bell knobs which work well in white.

I originally had some SD pickups in- a Custom 5 and and a SH-14 Humbucker, but I didnt have anywhere near enough low end- so the orginals went back in after a good clean..

She is now the dream guitar- at least in my eyes.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice. i always though amp knobs looked cool on offsets.

Thanks! I like them a lot too. :) Some people say they look cheap because they are on the Blacktop series, but I think they look cool. Numbers are nice if you are trying to set a specific tone or volume. :)

Thanks! I like them a lot too. :) Some people say they look cheap because they are on the Blacktop series, but I think they look cool. Numbers are nice if you are trying to set a specific tone or volume. :)

i happen to like the blacktop series! and werent fender guitars meant to be a cheap/mass market modular kind of product? ie the neck breaks, so replace it. try doin that with a les paul! and the attraction of jagstangs n mustangs etc is the kitchy vibe, the child-like qualities.

i havent used those ampknobs before, but arent they also real easy to use for delicate adjustments and volume swells etc?

i happen to like the blacktop series! and werent fender guitars meant to be a cheap/mass market modular kind of product? ie the neck breaks, so replace it. try doin that with a les paul! and the attraction of jagstangs n mustangs etc is the kitchy vibe, the child-like qualities.

i havent used those ampknobs before, but arent they also real easy to use for delicate adjustments and volume swells etc?

I think they are cool looking and work well. Simple design and classic vibe to them. To me, they have an old fashion look that I like. (I own two Blacktop Jazzmasters and I like them a lot.)