Fran

Pics of your Jag-Stangs

My '96 Jagstang and the one I made. Dropped the tone pot for a toggle switch, used a strat switch tip drilled out a bit to fit the threads. It has a diff knob now too. I really like that Squier Musicmaster bridge.

dscf2650y.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dscf2649t.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This looks great!

What kind of wood did you use? What kind of pickups? Am I correct in assuming it is from Warmoth?

Poplar Warmoth body, GFS lipstick in neck, Dragonfire in bridge.

Poplar Warmoth body, GFS lipstick in neck, Dragonfire in bridge.

dragonfire what, screamer? got that in my jagstang as well, absolutely love it.

Yessir, I was skeptical with the price but it sounds great. I wound up putting one of the single coil sized blade humbuckers in my Bronco bass after I got the screamer. Brought that bass to life in a big way!

Yessir, I was skeptical with the price but it sounds great. I wound up putting one of the single coil sized blade humbuckers in my Bronco bass after I got the screamer. Brought that bass to life in a big way!

Haha, I did that too in my squier strat. Threw one of their hot rails in, and honestly i love both pickups better than most major brands.

Was throwin the new Jags into storage to rot with the rest of them and decided it was photo time with some old friends (all jag-stangs are original run "mij")......

0415121535-02.jpg

• Like 1

Here we go then, here's mine:

Changed switches to black and put on some witches' hats. New pickguard. Pups changed to Duncan JB humbucker in bridge and Duncan Texas style single coil in neck. Sounds much better - I almost sold it before deciding to hold on to it and modify and am glad I did! What do you lot think?

JS-full_zps036dd7a4.jpg

JS-hats_zpse1e9a040.jpg

JS-neck_zps2f051401.jpg

Was throwin the new Jags into storage to rot with the rest of them and decided it was photo time with some old friends (all jag-stangs are original run "mij")......

0415121535-02.jpg

I'm sure you have been asked this before but why the leftys and rightys?

Or is it you just collect?

I'm ambitextrous, plain and simple. It runs in my family. I'm a Libra to boot, which doesn't help. I have too many guitars and amps. But i do in fact play all of them. I change out my guitars every couple weeks. I'll keep roughly 5 guitars, 3 basses, and 3 amps in my house at all times, which ones always depends on my mood. Like right now i have a 66 Duo-Sonic II, 95 Mustang, KC lefty Jaguar, Epiphone Supernova, 89 lefty Strat, Jazz Bass, 50's Reissue Road Worn P-bass, 85 P-bass, Univox Hiflier Bass, 65 Reissue Twin Reverb, 1985 Sundown A100c, and a 1966 Ampeg Gemini II. In a month, that list will change. I keep a storage unit for all my gear because i simply have too much stuff for such a small house. Among my gear is (4) 4x12 cabs, (3) 70's ampeg 8x10 cabs, (3) 70's svt heads, (2) 1978 ultra linear Twin Reverbs, Mesa Studio Pre, etc. I just checked my master list.... I've got 36 guitars/basses, 54 amps/cabs, 20 pedals. I'm a full time technician for one of the best repair shops in the music industry, so that helps since i buy things broken for cheap and just repair them for the cost of the parts. My best stories on that are my SVT's, two of them i bought for $350 each, i restored them, now they're worth 2k each. Not bad. Learn a trade kids.... like Side A says "Why Don't You Trade Those Guitars For Shovels?"

I swapped all the pickups with Duncan JB's a few years back (because you just have to!!!!!). The stock pickups sound better when disconnected and sitting in the JB's plastic boxes gathering dust on a shelf as far away from a guitar as possible if you ask me. The JB's are all wired to parallel. I still might go back in there and wire them like i've got my 95 mij mustang and my 02(ish) mij competition mustang with jb/jb jr's respectively. I wired the selector switch for the humbucker to be parallel in the rear position and series in the forward position. But since my main sound is the parallel sound, i'm not in a rush to crack them open again anytime soon. Aside from the pickups, YES, they are all stock. Down to the righty control plate on the lefty sonic blue one. Thats a case if factory F'ups. But i love stuff like that. It's like the black mid-60's strats that were repainted black at the factory to meet demands (or simply to cover up a flawed burst) but have beautiful true 3 tone sunburst finishes beneath the outer paint. Gotta love factory "oh sh*t" ingenuity. I still have the original box my first one (red/righty) came in when i bought it in 1996, jeez, i was only 14 or 15 at the time. That's my 3rd oldest piece that's been with me...... 16yrs.......good times.

these are kinda old, the newet one being with the jaguar plate.

shop010.jpg

IMGP0332.jpg
IMGP0333.jpg
IMGP0339.jpg

currently there is nothing in the jaguar rythm section(there used to be a devi ever 33 circuit)

the tone pot has been replaced by a 3 way toggle. the switches are still there but useless.

the tuners were replaced with re-issue f-tuners

the bridge is a jeff beck,and the neck pup is stock, just the cover has been changed.

i made thesingle ply cream guard about.... 4 years ago or so.

eventually im going to get this guitar back and put roller pots in the rythm section for a volum ad tone for theneck. i plan on wiring it like  les paul, but using a split pot on the master control for thebridge.

*edit* also, I can't find the pic at the moment, but there is finish cracking all over the back. some on the front but mostly the back, its thought that poly does not crack, but indeed, it does. i have the pics to prove it(somewhere)

• Like 1