• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New here... here's a family portrait.

Needs more cage-dancin' girls, IMO.

My baby Emg SA in the neck and Emg 81 in the bridge. Just had a new bone nut made/installed and a double fret dressing (they were that bad) and spacers under the string tree (to get rid of all th

NIce, i have been thinking about changing my white pearl to red pearl on my jagstang. I prefer white pickups with it. if i were you, maybe get rid of the black control knobs to chrome knobs? 

Good choice on pickups :) i chose the trembucker version, but tbh the only difference is that the poles line up on the TB whereas their slightly off with the HB

NIce, i have been thinking about changing my white pearl to red pearl on my jagstang. I prefer white pickups with it. if i were you, maybe get rid of the black control knobs to chrome knobs? 

Good choice on pickups :) i chose the trembucker version, but tbh the only difference is that the poles line up on the TB whereas their slightly off with the HB

I read a lot about this question (trembucker X Humbucker) and to be honest, I understood that it really don't make much difference. The fact is that the pickups in this guitar, aren't alligned horizontally with the bridge....they make a diagonal angle.

So, its really impossible to line up any pickup with the strings....it will always have some difference of distance.

But thanks for the compliments!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here is my 1996 Jag-Stang. I purchased this brand new when I was in the 7th grade. Still rocking the hell out of it 18 years later!

I have personally done many mods/upgrades to this guitar

- Gotoh Locking Vinatge Tuners

- Warmoth Vintage Chrome Bridge

- Seymour Duncan SSL-1 (neck)

- Seymour Duncan TB-4 Trembucker (bridge)

- Custom Made Red Tortoise Pickguard from WD Music Products

- Re-painted the inside cavities with conductive paint

- Shielded the pickguard with copper tape

- Completely gutted the insides of the guitar out. Handwired it and used the following:

- All wired with Vintage 50's Style Cloth Push Back 22awg wire..BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TONE!!!!!

- Bourns top quality PDA241 Series 250K Vintage-STyle Potentiometers   (prefer these over CTS)

- Switchcraft 1/4 inch mono output jack & Switchcraft slide switches w/ white tips                      

- Vintage Paper-In-Oil .047uf/250v K42Y-2 Russian Vintage Capacitor  (TONE CITY!!)

I HOPE YOU ENJOY! I LOVE THIS BEAST!

20140322_183728_zpsac1c24b6.jpg20140322_183736_zps4d4c07bc.jpg20140322_183809_zpsa1c16bf5.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Always loved my Jagstang and saw one on ebay that was crying out to be restored. It had been real beat up and had a terrible repaint job. I thought i would save it. Didn't want to just restore it back to what it was as I never really 'loved' the tone of the guitar. Compared to my Strat and Tele this guitar somehow never felt quite finished as a product. So whilst restoring I tried to think about what was missing and that I didn't like about it. The main thing was the colour and what i felt was a complete lack of tone from the stock pickups. So after getting back down to the bare wood and fixing it was time to change the colour. Volkswagon Orange :) Pickups i listened to several samples and although I liked the sound of the curtis novak offset and the seymour duncans i actually opted for two Iron Gear pickups. Hot Slag humbucker and Tesla Shark in the neck. This has really given me the best of both worlds as I play in a band that does rock and funk.... quick switch between pickups gives me exaclty what I want for both situations. Stayed with 500k pots with a .033uf capacitor, i also shieled the cavaties and also the scratch plate. Its rocking a 97 neck and the outcome is better than I imagined

Jagstang_zpse65f0bfc.jpgJagstangStart_zpsff678014.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Was digging around, found some OLD pictures of my Jag-Stang from the early 2000's around the time I got it......my Jag-Stang's Evolution

December 2000, had only had the guitar about 10 months at that point, just finished a setup and restring on my Grandpa's workbench.

_c1278498_image_0.jpg

Lithium Post-Rehearsal 2001, took that Dykom sticker off a long time ago

_c1281897_image_0.jpg

Now, 2015, Just awhile ago, against a tree behind my house

_c1281904_image_0.jpg

And now a closeup......My Profile photo from the registry

_c1281899_image_0.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello, new to this forum. Got my Jag-stang in 2001-ish (was a 1996 Sonic Blue, purchased off of eBay) This was the 2nd "dream guitar" that i saved up for and bought (the first being a cherry Gibson Firebird that i was never very happy with). Kept it original until 2012-ish when i switched the pick-ups to a Dimarzio Breed in the bridge pos and a GFS blade in the neck pos, and a mirror pickguard. Unfortunately my Apt was broken into in 2013 and this was one of 3 guitars stolen. Will hopefully get another one eventually. I always loved the feel and balance of this guitar!

284823_10151243071804065_1263913433_n.jp

544210_10151386186874065_1169164908_n.jp

5278_10151386187034065_1152245648_n.jpg