Fran

Pics of your Jag-Stangs

New pic - made some changes this year...

- Stopped using Kluson Tone Pros tuners, too flimsy, moved to the Kluson Revolution Sealed Gearbox tuners because they have EXACTLY what I've wanted, sealed gear tuners that mount like Kluson Deluxes and the split posts (no pricklies)

- Roller string tree from my Kramer Striker before I put a Floyd Rose locking nut on that, just to help the strings slide more, the original butterfly was getting rusty and dirty, and I needed it for a hardtail I was building.

- Replaced the pots this past week, kind of needed since me and some friends are doing sort of a 90's cover band thing at the moment, higher quality than what I had in it before but also incompatible with my witch hats so I had to swap to barrel knobs.

- Also, the tremolo bar tip finally matches.

_c1374054_image_0.jpg

Picked up another Jag-stang this week. (the one on the right)

Found it at a local pawn shop for $450 out the door.

These things are hard to find around here.

Its a 1996, 50th anniv. with a V serial number. Came with Fender hard case..may be the original?

The Jag-stang on the left, i have owned for nearly 15 years.

It too, was bought at a local pawn shop.

I gave $300 out the door, with case.

It is an earlier production MIJ 'T' serial number.

May still be listed in Aug's 'Jag-stang serial numbers' thread, first or second page.

20161126_093011_zpsjfcwz97h.jpg

• Like 1

I finally did some mods to my JS. Originally, I wanted to keep it original but like so many of us have found, this thing just misses in stock form. My only issue was the stock humbucker. I had an old ‘80s SD ‘59, Juarez wound, humbucker that I had been trying to find the right project for. I also had an issue where the bridge switch wouldn’t engage in the bridge position. I fixed the wiring, put shielding tape on the pickguard and installed the ‘59. I’ve always been happy with the stock neck pickup so I figured i would leave it in but I did replace the cover to match the ‘59. For the first time since I’ve owned it, I really love the sound. 

28476241558_d166e751ee_b.jpg 40542580350_a913b5ec63_b.jpg

received_20385579162420663_1555557746127 This is my personal JS build. Has a shortscale 22.5 /21 fret neck, like a jagmaster. Seymour Duncan hot rod pickup at the neck. Vintage '66 mustang bridge pickup. 500k volume and tone pots. Gotoh style bridge. It's really mean sounding with distortion. Really crisp and clear sound while clean. The paint job is what I call a "Black cherry metal flake" reverse burst. It flip/flops color. Looks black from a distance. I didn't want to alter an original jagstang. So, the best alternative was to build a clone.

• Like 1