Fran

Pics of your Jag-Stangs

That's quite a babe you've got there, lamp!

Cheers!

It was my main gigging guitar for 8 years or so, but now only comes out for special occasions!

I think he meant:

Heres three [pics] of my JS reissue...

Not that he has three...

Yep that's right - just the one. :lol:And it is stock harrison, but I ain't selling.

Cheers!

It was my main gigging guitar for 8 years or so, but now only comes out for special occasions!

I love that... the honesty. Most people think they have graduated to the Jaguar or Jazzmaster and wont admit to using the JS happily for a long time. Looks good dude. :-cool

Cheers!

I love that... the honesty. Most people think they have graduated to the Jaguar or Jazzmaster and wont admit to using the JS happily for a long time. Looks good dude. :-cool

Totally Fran. I play my Jag more these days, but my emotional attachment is firmly with the JS because of the years I gigged it. It's actually the one guitar I'd grab if there was a fire at home.

ONOZ!!! A fire at home? I don't think I'd "grab" any particular guitar, as I'd be busy tossing *all* of them out the window, hoping they landed in a soft spot! :lol:

Have not been here for a long time, but as I'm here...

red5.jpg

red3.jpg

red2.jpg

I'm curious. Is your Semour Duncan a standard space pick-up or a Trembucker?? I'm wanting to replace my HB and as yours seems to have the same spacing as the original pick-up, I want to know what that spacing is.

ok, thanks for the info. If I can find a Trembucker at a store to see just how well it lines up, I may very well do that. If It gives me all the pole pieces on the bridge side lined up w/ the strings, I'll also do a coil tap for that coil.

Just to throw this out there, is there anyone here that DOES have a Trembucker installed that can just tell me if they all line up? That'll save me time and gas.

My Jagmaster is going to have 'aged' pickups in it soon. Single coils, they are going to rest in 'aged' conversion rings. Problem is, the knobs are still white, so I might look for replacements, or dunk them in a cup of coffee overnight.

If I'm gonna do it, I want all the parts to match, more or less...

or dunk them in a cup of coffee overnight.

Your the second person to tell me that this week LOL thats pretty funny at first I thought it was BS but I guess not now.

or dunk them in a cup of coffee overnight.

Your the second person to tell me that this week LOL thats pretty funny at first I thought it was BS but I guess not now.

Oooohhhh, dont get me wrong, I'm no expert and have no idea if that would actually work. What I DO know is that coffee stains stuff, so I'm willing to try it.

But it says on the ebay page for my pickups that they were aged 'using the coffee method'. The rest was just assumptions on my part.

Does anyone know if leaving them in coffee overnight (or for however long) actually WOULD work???

Does anyone know if leaving them in coffee overnight (or for however long) actually WOULD work???

From what I heard about doing it was to put coffee GROUNDS overnight in a ziplock bag with maybe some water in it to get even coverage I have a cheap bullet strat I'll try it on monday and let you know.

Yeah I do have a trembucker. It lines up much better but still not perfect plus you need to file the pickguard to fit it. It does fit perfectly inside the route though and the screws are in the same place

Thanks Mcnugget94. I don't care about the pickguard as I plan on getting a wbw pickguard as opposed to the pearloid that came w/ it. I just want it to line up to the point that all the poles on one side of the HB are able to pickup the vibrations of the strings. That way a coil tap will be effective. If not, oh well. At that point a custom made HB is in order....

Warmoth has the coolest "vintage" (ie yellowed) pearloid. But being a Warmoth it only fits their stupid almost but not quite Mustang/Jag-Stang bodies.

I almost didnt send it back cuz it looked so ####in good w/my comp-stang's ocean turquoise metallic finish. I have a '65 Musicmaster II and the pickguard had yellowed to almost exactly the same color.

Now i also got a sonic blue one................. XD (for sale in Holland)

dsc00367cc4.jpg

Nice one. I had Fiesta Reds in the past, sold them and now got sonic blue. Both would be nice though. :P

Mike, Where do you put the batteries for the pickups? They are active right?

:?:

Older pic, but the Battery fits perfectly in the Volume/Tone Control Cavity

l_115ec786981cbac41d21d9751ff47607.jpg