Fran

Pics of your Jag-Stangs

Mike, Where do you put the batteries for the pickups? They are active right?

:?:

Older pic, but the Battery fits perfectly in the Volume/Tone Control Cavity

l_115ec786981cbac41d21d9751ff47607.jpg

I see the bottom left (in the pic) screwhole for the control plate was poorly positioned. Good to know it isn't only my Squier tele that has that issue ;)

Mike, Where do you put the batteries for the pickups? They are active right?

:?:

Older pic, but the Battery fits perfectly in the Volume/Tone Control Cavity

l_115ec786981cbac41d21d9751ff47607.jpg

I see the bottom left (in the pic) screwhole for the control plate was poorly positioned. Good to know it isn't only my Squier tele that has that issue ;)

Yeah, what's crazy is it's apparently an error in positioning from the factory. I think Jag-Stangs are possibly a very very difficult guitar to get everything lined up properly on because there is no singular straight line of reference, everything about the body is angular.

She's got some interesting eccentricities that's for sure that came from the factory. That's one of them, another one is the fact the neck was off kilter for several years, apparently that is normal for early Jag-Stangs (at least) as I've seen several more MIJ Jag-Stangs where the neck is off kilter. I corrected that with a shim on the bass side tip of the neck pocket, and it's not even noticeable except that the string path is 100% straight now, with equal distance between both sides of the dot markers and the D and G strings.

I don't really mind since it's sort of adds a certain oddball charisma to that one. For all I know that's why that one sounds and plays so good. Despite the shims the connection to the body at the neck joint has got to be crazy strong because I can hold that thing up with my amp on 12 and get the whole friggin guitar to vibrate in my hands in frequency with the harmonic feedback from my amp.

Mine seems to line up perfectly. My Jag is wierd - it is built properly. It has thick finish, a quality pickguard and holes in the right place :-D

The lining up of the parts visually, or just the holes. That's one minor detail I left out is the alingment of the plate to the pickguard is dead on but the holes drilled for the screws seem just a tad off.

Either way, even though they try as they might to make something mass produced consistant, that's next to impossible. To me I tend to prefer the little imperfections, that's what's makes a guitar mine rather than someone else's.

I have had 3 out of 4 of those guitars!

Still have my Cyclone though.. Mine is in CAR... How much did the Duo run you? Did you pick it up new? Same for the Cyclone...

Thanks at all. My 1996 jagstang has a JB, that's right. The duo is a new classic vibe squier. Very cool guitar! Think it has fender-quality! The strat is a USA made from 1991 and the cyclone is mexican made. I picked it up last year in mint condition. I don't know, which one i love more :-)

I have had 3 out of 4 of those guitars!

Still have my Cyclone though.. Mine is in CAR... How much did the Duo run you? Did you pick it up new? Same for the Cyclone...

I actually thought that WAS your collection, Cy. Had to look twice at the name and avatar.

here is mine, perfect mint condition. I got it brand new in I think 2003 or 2004.

Sorry for the watermarks, I sell stockphotography and I'm not givin anything away for free. hahaha :twisted:

Click on it for larger size.

th_779c5f15.jpg

here is mine, perfect mint condition. I got it brand new in I think 2003 or 2004.

Sorry for the watermarks, I sell stockphotography and I'm not givin anything away for free. hahaha :twisted:

Click on it for larger size.

th_779c5f15.jpg

:-wow

Nice! Mine looked like that before I butchered it with EMGs :twisted: