Fran

Pics of your Jag-Stangs

Ive never really noticed how small the jagstang looks

When I first saw those pics I was gonna say almost the exact same thing, but I didn't wanna sound like a goose.

Glad someone else thinks it too.

lol at goose...is that an australian expression or something?

Haha, it must be. I never thought about it before, just come naturally to me :)

Who's the drummer Fran? What band? :-hmmm
His names Glen. The band is 'Master Charger', i joined 3 months ago. They play Stoner Rock type stuff and have a record deal of sorts, we have quite a few gigs coming up. Check the songs here:

http://www.myspace.com/masterchargeruk

-- Sounds Like A demolition machine hellbound for glory!!!!

sounds heavy... supercharged for demolition!

too bad there's no demo at myspace.

His names Glen. The band is 'Master Charger', i joined 3 months ago. They play Stoner Rock type stuff and have a record deal of sorts, we have quite a few gigs coming up. Check the songs here:

-- Sounds Like A demolition machine hellbound for glory!!!!

sounds heavy... supercharged for demolition!

too bad there's no demo at myspace.

FFS. They're remixing the album but i thought they may have left a few tracks up :-mad

SOUND!

Stoner rock rulez. I'd do it myself but not got the time. Preparing my side project though. Hope tp start that soon.

I don't think I've posted my Jagstang pictures in years so for all the new guys, enjoy. Sorry the guitar is just absolutely filthy.

Electronics

Bridge Pickup EMG - 81

Neck Pickup EMG - 85

Toggle Switch - Bridge/Both/Neck

25K Volume Pot (stock cause of active pickups)

25K Push/Pull Pot (push is wired .1mf cap (stock for active pickups)/pull is wired tone bypass (wide open))

2 - 9 Volt battery (one in old switch cavity, routed new hole under the guard for the other)

I couldn't get the battery under the control plate, forget why, probally cause of the push/pull tone pot is taller then normal pots. I guess I could of flip flop the tone & volume pot on the control plate... so that the tone is the first pot, volume in the middle followed by the stereo jack... then you'd have room.

EMG are rated for 27 volts. 18 volts sounds better then 9 volts... not much difference in 18 volts vs 27 volts... so I used 2 - 9 volt batteries. Wrapped batteries in electrical tape so they don't short anything out. And wrapped in foam, so you don't hear them bounce around inside the guitar. Think I've had this guitar completed 8 or 9 years, can't remember but I've only swapped batteries 3 times. This is my main guitar, but I honestly don't play more then 20 hours a year. You could always install battery boxes on the back of the guitar for faster battery changes, they got em at Radio Shack

The sound of this guitar... well come on, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you. These are active pickups, so they have excellant overdrive but without the bass that you get when you overwind passive pickups. I play these thru my 50 watt 2x12 JCM 900 Hi Gain Dual Reverb Marshall tubed amp. The 81 is great for metal. I love the clean 85. Not the cleanest sounding guitar, but that's like buying a sports car and complaining it only gets 10 mpg, retard.

Body & Neck

Replacement Tuners & Shimmed neck

Tune-o-matic Bridge & Lock Tail (madmike video made me miss a tremolo)

Custom Pickguard, forgot who made it

Shielded guard and cavity

Chrome Knobs, my first mod EVER!

I slanted the bass side of the TOM bridge back towards the tail (extend the scale) for better intonation on my 52's.

I copied and pasted pixs from myspace.com, let me know if they don't show up for ya'll

l_59026bd8b9ab46899af97d0d9ee9c406.jpg

l_706b373b343d40f7bc9cb80ff3ba72de.jpg

:shock: god thats good....

I was going to do that to my jagstang and then finish it in black. I hate EMGs, but for some reason, they just work with jagstangs. Perhaps the bridge and wood and scale? However I decided to build one in the end

Also, chrome knobs = :-cool

Joey's post inspired me to start a new thread...

"1st ever mod"

If anyone is interested (we DO seem to be compulsive modders around here), it can be found in the "amps, effects, etc" section...

:-D

I don't think I've posted my Jagstang pictures in years so for all the new guys, enjoy. Sorry the guitar is just absolutely filthy.

Electronics

Bridge Pickup EMG - 81

Neck Pickup EMG - 85

Toggle Switch - Bridge/Both/Neck

25K Volume Pot (stock cause of active pickups)

25K Push/Pull Pot (push is wired .1mf cap (stock for active pickups)/pull is wired tone bypass (wide open))

2 - 9 Volt battery (one in old switch cavity, routed new hole under the guard for the other)

I couldn't get the battery under the control plate, forget why, probally cause of the push/pull tone pot is taller then normal pots. I guess I could of flip flop the tone & volume pot on the control plate... so that the tone is the first pot, volume in the middle followed by the stereo jack... then you'd have room.

EMG are rated for 27 volts. 18 volts sounds better then 9 volts... not much difference in 18 volts vs 27 volts... so I used 2 - 9 volt batteries. Wrapped batteries in electrical tape so they don't short anything out. And wrapped in foam, so you don't hear them bounce around inside the guitar. Think I've had this guitar completed 8 or 9 years, can't remember but I've only swapped batteries 3 times. This is my main guitar, but I honestly don't play more then 20 hours a year. You could always install battery boxes on the back of the guitar for faster battery changes, they got em at Radio Shack

The sound of this guitar... well come on, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you. These are active pickups, so they have excellant overdrive but without the bass that you get when you overwind passive pickups. I play these thru my 50 watt 2x12 JCM 900 Hi Gain Dual Reverb Marshall tubed amp. The 81 is great for metal. I love the clean 85. Not the cleanest sounding guitar, but that's like buying a sports car and complaining it only gets 10 mpg, retard.

Body & Neck

Replacement Tuners & Shimmed neck

Tune-o-matic Bridge & Lock Tail (madmike video made me miss a tremolo)

Custom Pickguard, forgot who made it

Shielded guard and cavity

Chrome Knobs, my first mod EVER!

I slanted the bass side of the TOM bridge back towards the tail (extend the scale) for better intonation on my 52's.

I copied and pasted pixs from myspace.com, let me know if they don't show up for ya'll

l_59026bd8b9ab46899af97d0d9ee9c406.jpg

l_706b373b343d40f7bc9cb80ff3ba72de.jpg

wtf a Dethklok Jagstang

1172187285673_4.gif

I've had this project for a while just hadn't gotten around to finishing the paint. I was wanting to paint the body black. But now I'm leaning towards Dakota Red. I made a one peice pickguard, that replaces the control plate cause I got 3 control pots. I'm thinking about adding a battery box to the rear of the guitar, just to make battery change out easier. Putting the jack on the bottom of the guitar like a Les Paul. And installing the orginal control plate. I dunno what to do?

Black handmade pickguard

Bridge pickup JB

Fernandes Neck Pickup/Sustainer

3 way Toggle Switch Bridge/Both/Neck

Tune-o-matic Bridge

Locked Tail

Volume Pot / Tone Pot / Sustain Intensity

Switch on/off Sustainer / Switch Sustain Pitch

Orginal Jagstang Neck w/ Matching Pre-CBS Headstock

Replacement Tuners

Contour Added, no belly contour.... parnoid I might go thru the stock switch cavity

l_978cbc3be4fc4788beb7693090e7dee4.jpg

l_71655c694ce94020b86b7b4daafa4e7d.jpg

l_b9231e56b8c74b539dc79080b5645f95.jpg

Why not paint it with a swastika or a confederate flag.

But, to each, his own.

this made me lol :lol:

taking it a bit far there jason, but i see your point :wink:

DSCN1587.jpg?t=1255099174

Hot Rails joins the party, removed the FB bucker due to a recent Tele that needed it more

The guitar is on 500K pots with a Duncan JB and Hot Rails

Switches are now for buth pups, on, split and off, it's allot of fun so far, the guitat is fantastic

Photo627.jpg