HELP!!! need a new guitar.

foxyloxy

ok guys i need a new guitar but i don't know what to buy i want a mustang first up, but i dont know if i can find one (not very common in Australia) but i would not mind any jaguars/jazzmasters/duosonics/cyclones. i have also been looking at squier supersonics and the 50's duo-sonic reissue. i have about 800-1000 ***Australian*** $$$'s so what would other people recommend also a place where i could buy it.

thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its just WAY to hard buying stuff like that off the net, my dad would never spend that much over the internet. i don't have any way to pay other than that..... but a few months ago i found a guy who was selling 2 (one black one Antigua) but $1000 dose seam a bit much for a second hand, but meh i will ask him any way.

5 hints where to look:

http://www.gbase.com

http://www.ebay.com

http://www.craigslist.org

your local guitar shops

your local classifieds

Happy hunting... and you won't be disappointed.

thanks but i was more hoping for Australian places. looking in local shops... i have never EVER seen a mustang for sale in a shop (i have looked VERY hard). i will still keep my eyes open.

Well, I can't help you on where to find any of them. Robbmonster might have a hint or two though (being Aussie himself :wink: )

But go for a Mustang if you can find one, they are simply amazing. The new Squier Duo is really nice too. A lot simpler (elecronically) than the Mustang.

I DO have hints for him, Pete, good call...

Foxy, you're in Victoria... go to Real Guitars in Geln Iris, Melbourne. They have THREE CIJ Mustangs hanging on their wall ranging from $845 to $955. Not sure exactly what models though...

Well, I can't help you on where to find any of them. Robbmonster might have a hint or two though (being Aussie himself :wink: )

But go for a Mustang if you can find one, they are simply amazing. The new Squier Duo is really nice too. A lot simpler (elecronically) than the Mustang.

I DO have hints for him, Pete, good call...

Foxy, you're in Victoria... go to Real Guitars in Geln Iris, Melbourne. They have THREE CIJ Mustangs hanging on their wall ranging from $845 to $955. Not sure exactly what models though...

WOW seriously? that's awesome, best news i have heard all day thanks a bunch.

becasue Australia has very big tax on "luxury" item, if you live in most other places you have the option of shipping. Australia is an island in the middle of no where, need i go on?

i meant how are people from europe and america going to have better luck finding one in australia than a person who does? you say that were not helping you by not naming places in australia... well go on #### google and do it yourself you dick.

They don't have a website, so if you wanted more info you would have to go in or phone. If you're in Melbourne, the shop is about 50 metres from Glen Iris train station.

Really gruff, straight-down-the-line type guys, but catch them on a good day and you will be fine...

Good luck getting the Stang. I wanted one, but I lack the money, and my playing isn't up to owning such a sweet guitar :)

They don't have a website, so if you wanted more info you would have to go in or phone. If you're in Melbourne, the shop is about 50 metres from Glen Iris train station.

Really gruff, straight-down-the-line type guys, but catch them on a good day and you will be fine...

Good luck getting the Stang. I wanted one, but I lack the money, and my playing isn't up to owning such a sweet guitar :)

teheh i cant play that well i just like collecting guitars, i am hoping that mr. kevin rudds Christmas bonus will help me get mine.

tragic well it was more of a qestion for the people that DO live in austalia, i was just looking for some sugestions you dont have to be so rude about it. i am sorry that i missinterpreted you post about finding one,but i dont apreceate being abused one a forum where i just came for some advise (typing it into google was the first thing i did).